Screen Door Jesus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Screen Door Jesus Reviews

½ September 7, 2013
An interesting study of a small Texas town and its religion, hypocrisy and superstition, which often are intwined. Funny in some places and affecting in others.
December 10, 2012
It's one of those movies where you have to pick the person you watch it with very carefully. It is very easy for this one to piss people off. The only real thing I have against it is the fact that I don't think the movie actually knows where it stands on religion. It takes the extreames and shows all of their points of view. The hypocrat is very much alive in this movie. I think it should have possibly picked a side, and stuck with it. It's like they wanted to be so down the middle in the end the kind of missed the point. They should have instead just made people think. The acting is about as good as you would expect from the cheesy premis, but if you can look past that you actually have a pretty decent movie. It's more about how outragous people are with religion that they can't even think for themselves.
½ June 15, 2012
I thought this would be an interesting movie, boy was I wrong...
Maybe I'm just not educated enough to follow such a movie. To me it had no continuity, caricature development nor straight forward story line. It left me feeling confused about just what was going on. It had the potential to be a cool movie, it just missed the mark by a mile.
½ May 29, 2012
Sadly, I can say I have seen this movie. Despite the 82% review from critics here, this movie is awful. The story plods along getting muddier and muddier in itself. The acting is awful and the characters unlikable. The whole story line just gets plods along and then fades away. The bits of humor are only worth chuckling at, at best. I don't mind movies that experiment with the concept of religious beliefs and examines people's faith. I am not rating the movie down on its content, it is just a poorly acted and tiresome movie. I think I could have better spent almost two hours hitting myself in the face with a hammer.
½ January 6, 2010
Good movie.I guess there was suppose to be some kinda religious meaning behind it but I didnt get it cause Im not religious
April 13, 2008
This is one of those independent films that you either get or you don't. I didn't get it. Maybe if I watched it a few times...but it wasn't that interesting.
November 12, 2007
Winner of the Golden Starfish fiction competition at the Hamptons fest, pic's gutsy, madly ambiguous unleashing of a mixed bag of religious reactions attests to a genuine sense of regionalism.
August 8, 2007
This movie had some interesting parts, it wasn't by any means a good film, but I laughed pretty heartily at some situations. They were onto something good with this movie, but it was executed poorly. The ending didn't even seem to fit.
March 10, 2007