Screwballs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Screwballs Reviews

August 1, 2015
Classic 80's Crass Comedy..They Were Only Ever Made Like This At The Height Of It All. Completely Stuck In A Timewarp.
December 19, 2014
I suppose I should give it another chance
July 10, 2014
Just one of the many 80's sex comedy's that came out after the success of Porky's. A good few laughs as the lads try to get a look at the charlies on Purity Busch the hottest girl in school. Serious twitch off Lynda Speciale.
½ April 18, 2014
This movie is awful its one of those movies that just makes you feel dirty and ashamed of the movie you decided to watch because your hormones got the better of you. Its boring and really really messed up. The first 10 minutes of this movie seems good, that is until the movie starts and the rest of the movie is just a bunch of perverts peeping on girls. I'm a guy and I think they took way too far they went to the extreme just to see this one girl naked when there are ton of other hot girls that are in to you.I mean the kidnap a teacher and tie her up in a wheelchair and trick her into falling out of a window on the second story that is messed up and nobody ever mentions her as if she wasn't important at all.Another way they try to get her is by hypnotism in the most confusing and bizzare way that wouldn't have worked even if she was in the room. I would have never guessed this movie was made in 1983.
The characters are all stupid you have the black hair suave guy, the pervert nerd for some reason, the exchange student,the fat guy who cant stop playing with himself and and some blond guy who for some reason always has a tennis racket with him even to strip clubs and the beach and he never uses it. I don't even think he plays tennis. The Humor in this movie is stupid and confusing it can't decide if wants to be a slapstick comedy or a sex comedy. I remember there was one scene were it felt like a slapstick where there was a montage getting ready for prom and the camera tilts and slow and fast motion were being used for the characters. The story is interesting in the begging but this movie takes constant breaks to just mess around in scenes that have nothing at all to do with the story. Most of this movie has nothing to do with the story. I was counting down the moments when this terrible abomination would be over but the only reason why you would keep watching is because of the Boobs. Nothing else in this movie is interesting besides the Boobs. This movie was forgettable except for one scene having the worst fight sequence in movie history, and that is at the drive thru between Tim and the blond guy. The fight is pretty much hugging and humping, its not aggressive and nobody throws a punch its just mild hugging and for some reason everyone starts fighting even tho there are two people everyone randomly starts fighting or actually waving there arms around they don't push people down or punch them. So in conclusion this garbage you might still want to rent this because of the boobs but dont this is garbage its not even so bad its funny. Its dumb instead of this go watch Revenge of the Nerds, it has the same type of humor but done way better.
½ March 9, 2014
It's common sense to say that I didn't expect Screwballs to be of high calibre, but as I wasn't that familiar with 1980's teen sex comedies much further than the film Private School, I figured I should look into it and see what it was all about.

As the plot of Screwballs rests solely on the characters seeing the breasts of Purity Bush, a character with a clearly sexualised name, it's obvious that the film was going to be stupid. And as a teen sex comedy, to succeed it has to be sexy or funny.
One thing it surely it definitely succeeds at is being misguided, because the already stupid story is made dumber by the strange visual style that makes it seem too obviously like the terrible low budget comedy that it actually is. Intended for the pubescent male audiences, it attempts to rope audiences in with promises of breasts and a story that entails, among other things, a student having sexual relations with a teacher even though they look identical in age with the student possibly being older than the teacher. The nature of whether it succeeds is determined by the audiences who go in with truly low standards for this film. And as you can tell by the nature of the story and the quality of the sound in the film, it is absolute sh*t.
Screwballs is a male-oriented teen sex comedy, but it is too reliant on showing the idiotic nature of its male characters which isn't even ever funny. I didn't laugh once watching Screwballs and I can think of very few people who actually would. Screwballs fails the comedy sections of the film by not being funny for its attempts at humour or even for its utmost stupidity.. The characters are ridiculous and audiences are more likely to find themselves simply loathing them instead of laughing at them in the slightest.
Second of all, for a sex comedy there is insufficient nudity. I'll admit that at times when the nature of the scenes were sexual and the cinematography wasn't too stupidly far away or blurry, there were some sexy moments. But rarely did any of them actually feature any nudity. Screwballs has less nudity than The Last Temptation of Christ, and I can guarantee you that audiences are less likely to look at that film for sex appeal than they are at Screwballs. But I kid you not, the religious film The Last Temptation of Christ features more sexually provocative and appealing nudity than Screwballs, even though I'm referring to the image of Jesus Christ being crucified naked. If that doesn't appeal to you then Screwballs won't so I would suggest you not even bother trying.
Screwballs is nothing but a senseless series of poorly conceived comedy sketches which are tied together by an awfully loose plot which promises the sight of Purity Bush's breasts at the end of an endearingly unbearable 76 minute period. The audience must really determine for themselves, was it all worth it in the end. The short answer is this: nope. It simply was not. The film waits for the moment when for some reason Purity is suddenly topless and then suddenly flashes credits on the screen blocking them out for the rest of the film. There is nothing to boast about anywhere in the film.
There is a reason that you've never heard of any of the actors that were in Screwballs, except perhaps Linda Speciale for her brief appearance in the pilot episode of Breaking Bad. Its obviously because Screwballs was so terrible that I cant even be bothered writing an extensive review on it so I'll stop here and tell you to look elsewhere for entertaining cinema or nudity.
March 5, 2014
An 80s teen sex comedy in the vein of Meatballs or Porky's (that is, not as big as budget as Weird Science, Risky Business, Revenge of the Nerds, etc). A seemingly disparate group of high school students land in detention together and hatch a plan to see the school's only virgin's boobs. Despite it being as dumb as it sounds, it had some genuinely funny moments.
February 2, 2014
Not particularly funny but watchable for the raunchiness.
November 29, 2013
I really enjoyed the plot of the movie. Typical 80's film. It was simple. It was very funny and raunchy all in one.
If anyone is looking for a feel good/ laugh alot movies, this is it!
½ November 9, 2013
Definitely a B movie with Bad acting and ridiculous stunts.
August 28, 2013
It's hard to say that you could make an 80's T&A filled teen sex romp completely boring, but Screwballs tries very hard to do so. Not completely unwatchable, but there are so many better choices.
August 16, 2013
80 minutes of juvenile, plot less 80's T&A. What else could it have been?
June 30, 2013
I star per boob creepily manhandled by a man dressed as a nurse pretending to listen to a heartbeat through a nipple. Despite the obvious upside to these T n A films from the 80s they are horrible to the core.
May 21, 2013
The 3 stars is because I really enjoy 80's sex comedies. That being said this is a ridiculously juvenile movie that basically states that all teenage boys are degenerate bastards and that the girls are totally ok with that. The school in the movie is called T&A Academy and there are characters called Purity Busch and Jerkoffsky. Subtle. Canucksploitation filmmaking at it's finest?
May 4, 2013
This is about the worst movie as the early 80's could give us! There is a lot of cheese in this movie! While there is a funny moment or two, they just aren't worth sitting through the rest of the movie for.
April 3, 2013
A poorly acted early version of American Pie but it made me laugh at just how stupid it was.
½ October 27, 2012
Lowbrow teen sex comedy about five horny guys at Taft & Adams High who spend an inordinate amount of time developing schemes to see school beauty Purity Busch topless. Laughs are very few and far between and has a void of likeable characters.
September 19, 2012
A less sleazy and more good-natured 80s version of American Pie. The teenagers still have the same goals, but approached a bit more innocently and tastefully (if that's possible). It's true that the production quality isn't quite there, but you get what you expect.
September 2, 2012
The most juvenile T & A movie I've ever seen and thats saying something.

"Strip bowling?!"
July 29, 2012
Just re-watched this the other night. As good as I remember it when I first saw it. LOL Oh 80's movies where have you all gone? :)
½ July 19, 2012
Holy S!! Neftflix streaming has some of the worst movies I've never heard of. Here I thought I had seen every 80's high school horny hijinx piece of crap. Unbelievably, 2 years later, they made Screwballs 2. Flixster wouldn't let me give zero stars.