Scrooged - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Scrooged Reviews

½ January 4, 2016
Murray plays Frank Cross, a ruthless TV executive confronted with the slapstick ghosts of Christmas past, present and future. Will a night of zonked-out horror convince the heartless Frank to change his ways?
December 29, 2015
I didn't mind it. However I found the ghost of Christmas present irritating and annoying. Also the story line may seem simple but it's kind of confusing when you watch it. I mean you understand the jist of it but it's still kind of confusing.
December 27, 2015
Struggled through this
½ December 26, 2015
It was okay. I'm not a huge fan of Bill Murray's comedy, but this movie provided enough of a modern take on a classic story that it kept me decently interested.
December 25, 2015
*just pointing out that I have seen this before, but it's been a long, long, long time and I haven't properly reviewed this until now* Bill Murray at his finest here, (and he's pretty damn ruthless at times too) I can empathize with him a bit on the whole not being a fan of Christmas. It's amazing how adult this movie is, seeing as I was about 9 or 10 years old when I watched this the first time around.
December 24, 2015
Better than average Christmas movie - a retelling of a classic, and very much in the 80's yet not totally dated. Some of the special effects are still pretty convincing, and each of the ghosts has a unique personality that matches their intended shade of nostalgia. Bill Murray is good and shares chemistry with each of the actors he shares time with. The score is also well done.
December 23, 2015
Great! A must see at Christmas!
December 23, 2015
Very much a film of two halves. The first 45 minutes is laugh-out-loud hilarious as we watch Bill Murray's appalling TV executive bully, cajole and intimidate various underlings like a stoner Donald Trump. But it all falls apart from then on, becoming increasingly ramshackle and shrill and culminating in a horribly misjudged finale. A shame.
December 22, 2015
This is probably my favorite rendition of the oft-repeated Charles Dickens tale.

Grade: A
½ December 21, 2015
Put A Little Love In Your Heart
December 14, 2015
Giving the classic Charles Dickens tale a more mature and zany twist, that also provides a stellar cast.
December 14, 2015
A bit histrionic but good fun and ends on a sweet note.
½ December 13, 2015
12/11/2015: One of my favorite Christmas movies. Classic Murray!!
December 6, 2015
watching with Molly.
November 9, 2015
A great modern twist on a classic story.
October 29, 2015
"A Christmas Carol" is an oft told tale. One of my personal favorites, and one that I revisit every holiday season. But it's never been told like this before! Bill Murray, as always, is a twisted comedy genius. Bobcat Goldthwait FINALLY has a major role in a film he can be proud of, and Carol Kane's performance as the Ghost of Christmas Present has got to be seen to be believed. Watch this movie any time of the year. Yule love it!
October 26, 2015
Bill Murray carries this film along quite nicely.
August 28, 2015