Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure Reviews

August 31, 2014
Weird personalization and storytelling about one dinosaur's lifestory, rather than a documentary.
½ May 11, 2014
I didn't see all of it, so this review may be a little off. I saw a 15 minute version at Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, where the seats vibrated, water splashed at you and it poked your back. Thankfully, I saw the "back-poker," so I had my back away from the seat. The 3-d imagery was absolutely stunning, and the vibrating seats made me feel like I was in the movie. But the movie was... i don't know. See, all this stuff around you made it feel so cool, that I had NO CLUE about what was going on. And I know this was a "4-D Experience" and all, and it was 15 minutes long, but it followed one story, I know that. Overall, I just wished I'd skipped it and gone explore the aquarium, but sadly, I was with a school group. If your going to see a 4-D thing like this, go see it in Disney World. That stuff is cool.
February 7, 2013
This movie is a walking with dinosaurs trilogy i watched all of walking with monster,walking with dinosaurs and walking with prehistoric beasts there was a live play at rogers arena about walking with dinosaurs.I think this movie might have used animatronics for prehistoric animals.
December 30, 2012
Great content but poorly executed film.
December 28, 2012
It was good but not all stars because I hate the fossils part. It ruins the experience of the film and I just want to see the animals, not people finding fossils.
October 2, 2012
Great documentary with unbelievable animation and fossilized info to back it up! People wanted to see this in 3D. THAT would've been scary. Overall,awesome.
July 19, 2012
My wife does not like 2 watch stuff like this, but she actually stayed awake and finished watching it.
½ June 8, 2012
i reaallyy want to see this
May 1, 2012
one of the most epic documentaries on prehistory.
April 12, 2012
like what i see so far, can't wait to see the movie.
March 24, 2012
Liev schreiber is top 5 of favorite
actors. Love when actors/actresses take time to do projects like this. Such as Morgan Freeman. Liev is an actor love to hate when he is a bad guy. Even then can't help to like him. Who doesn't like what this is about. Prehistoric age is such a time I can never get enough. 5****
½ March 6, 2012
My kid who is auhtistic Loves this Move
January 2, 2012
Follows a standard Imax storyline, and with some pretty cool CG, it's too bad this one wasn't put on the big big screen.
December 2, 2011
this seems like a good show to see!
½ November 23, 2010
This was more storytelling - I would have liked to see a more science-focused documentary style, but I still thought it was pretty interesting.
½ October 23, 2010
Really cool for a day out but i was 8 at the time.
October 17, 2010
October 17, 2010
October 11, 2010
The feature is nearly 40 minutes long, and about half the presentation is a dramatic representation of archaelogists uncovering fossils and "exploring" the story of a specific set... which finally allows viewers to see what they want to see: the CGI sea monsters.

About the only thing keeping this rating up to two stars is the fact that the visual imagery (along with the monster animations) are so bright, clear, crisp, and vivid; Wonderful Eye Candy!
October 6, 2010
fantastic discovery! you can make any story as long as you have evidence to back it up. After all, if one ignores evidence one also ignores life.