The Seamstress - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Seamstress Reviews

½ October 23, 2013
This movie is extremely low-budget, and its plot doesn't really make any sense.
½ June 28, 2013
pure crap with some more crap on top.
April 12, 2013
A very tired and tedious slasher film, The Seamstress features one or two decently gruesome moments but overall is a complete snooze-fest.
½ May 18, 2012
Rather weak horror movie with a choppy plot. My favorite part of this movie was the opening graphics.
May 17, 2012
lost interest quickly
½ April 10, 2012
I'm convinced the script was written by 11-year olds. It's the only rational explanation. The Seamstress has plenty of WTF moments (just too many to count). And it's not even the acting or the production values that suck. It all comes down to Z-grade writing and directing.
January 4, 2012
It annoyed me. It was never clear who the killer was.
½ December 18, 2011
Ugh, this movie is so bad. Essentially a thematic copy of Dead Silence. The only reason I watched this was because Lance Henriksen was in it, and what a mistake it was.

Simply put, it makes no sense. They keep stressing that 'we can change the rules' on how the conflict is resolved, so stuff is happening all over the place that doesn't make any sense at all. The storytelling just feels so lazy.

None of the characters are really likeable and the only one interesting was the character played by Lance Henriksen. Well not totally true, the other good character died in the first 2 minutes. He had a purpose at least.
October 28, 2011
The blood in this movie makes no sense. It was interesting, though.
October 12, 2011
one word sums up this movie: CONFUSING!
October 10, 2011
Good Idea... Very shitty plot
July 12, 2011
Slow crapy horror movie goes nowhere
June 9, 2011
A good (but short) horror flick with a very interesting\creative antagonist.
½ March 24, 2011
okay, so the ghost 'neeeddd' this revenge to be made to the guys who killed her.... so why the hey did she killed Allie's friends, when the last 2 of the criminals were about to come to the island as well??? tumbal? so not making any sense, nor points... i am immensely disappointed. a half star shud do for this movie. dont waste time. the gory details werent even gory.
½ February 5, 2011
Worst movie I have ever seen. It was messed up on so many levels, not only did it not make sense. The randomness was just stupid.
November 4, 2010
Yikes! The opening is horrible, sadly, so is the rest of the film. "No, please. Not my eyes, I need my eyes." - the first line you hear. Add to that, the random flash images through the whole film. Now keep in mind, the images themselves aren't random, but their placement is. Those stupid images are not necessary at all and don't, in any way, contribute to the story. Instead the filmmakers use them as a desperate bridge between one scene and the next. The only awesome thing about this film is at the end, when you get to see all the bodies strung up in the trees - one shot, lasts about five seconds.
October 10, 2010
Pretty freaky, somewhat confusing but it is unique.
July 21, 2010
Lo paor es que empieza bien con algunas escenas terroríficas, pero se vuelve enredada y sin sentido.
½ June 20, 2010
My god, this is awful. I have to believe anyone who worked on this movie created an alias for the credits.
½ May 28, 2010
Pure boredom. Lance Henricksen, what were you thinking? I bet you owed someone a favor.