Seance: The Summoning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seance: The Summoning Reviews

½ February 13, 2016
This is quite literally the worst movie I've ever seen. The acting is terrible, and there is no obvious plot. Just doesn't flow at all
½ June 28, 2015
cheesey possession flick Complete with a horny demon inside the possessed vessel grinding away in the chair 90% of the time good for a. bit of laugh but def not any scares
April 18, 2015
I wasn't impressed at all slow and the story didn't even tell you who the demon was. I don't think it should have ben "the devil" that just didn't make the story any better to me. Also the characters were a bit flat to me and they didn't even blend that well the four of them the girls were the only ones that showed chemistry of any kind as friends. It would've been more interesting if they hadn't of used the angle of devil vs born again christian.
½ March 28, 2015
The unknown actors were likeable, tried really hard and weren't half bad, but the script was awful, the Christian aspect is shoved fiercely down our throats, and the movie as a whole was very cheaply made. Typically quick production, straight-to-video value hoping for a few bucks.
½ November 1, 2014
Starts out rather ridiculous and then gets really bizarre.
½ March 30, 2014
Absolute rubbish an insult to the horror genre. Bad acting,poor storyline and just pointless. You have been warned
½ October 19, 2013
The cast is regularly weak, presenting bad performances, and any attempts to develop the main characters result in poor personal dramas that do not contribute to the narrative.
½ August 12, 2013
This movie can only be described as one of the Christian haunted houses, or Hell Houses, brought to life as a lifetime movie with an inflated rating and budget. if you believe you will love it and relish it. if you don't.. you'll hate it.
½ June 9, 2013
The unknown actors were likeable, tried really hard and weren't half bad, but the script was aweful, the Christian aspect is shoved fiercely down our throats, and the movie as a whole was very cheaply made. Typically quick production, straight-to-video value hoping for a few bucks.
June 6, 2013
This wasn't a bad movie, not cheaply made or looking like it was filmed with an 8 mm camera.
½ April 24, 2013
The acting? Bad. The dialogue? Bad. The plot? Ridiculously bad. The story is a mish-mash of religious and other stereotypes that manages to offend all of them without getting any details close to correct and completely fails to come together in any fashion (much less entertaining or convincing).
½ February 16, 2013
God awful attempt at Christian horror.
½ February 10, 2013
Didn't expect much from this film, but it delivered throughout. The ending was a little disappointing, but for a film that only has four people in it, it's pretty good
January 29, 2013
amazing movie; FAVORITE IN THE WORLD
½ January 25, 2013
i think its going to be interesting
½ January 16, 2013
One of the worst movies I've seen in years...more of a comedy even though it was not meant to be.
½ January 10, 2013
Anyone even vaguely familiar with the horror genre will find Seance: The Summoning offers nothing new, with everything having been done before-only much, much better.
½ January 4, 2013
½ November 30, 2012
Is Seance: The Summoning a Christan film? I'm note sure--it seemed like it was trying to have a Christian message in the same way that a bad student essay tries to have a Christian message. It was never scary, always crappy, and as ill-contrived as a film can be....
½ November 2, 2012
A bad attempt to convert people to Christianity done via a badly-done horror film.