Searching for Home, Coming Back From War Reviews

• Oct 22, 2015

Yes, this film focuses on PTSD and TBI, but I think whether you went overseas or not (I didn't), this film does a beautiful and thorough representation of the wide array of emotions and issues veterans face. It's not gory either, so civilians won't be forced to see the visually ugly truth. As an offering unlike many other documentaries, this film shares hope and healing. As a veteran, it is comforting to finally see that we're not all so bad. We've just had one helluva journey that has defined us.

• Oct 05, 2015

I brought my daughter and her boyfriend to see this film. They were both moved to tears. It is a difficult but necessary truth that changes who we are. Excellent film.

• Oct 04, 2015

This was a very touching film. It hit home for my family as PTSD doesn't only affect the service member. I encourage anyone to take the time to watch this. I also greatly appreciate the Q and A afterwards.

• Oct 04, 2015

Eye opening & thought provoking. This documentary left me feeling embarrassed that as a civilian I didn't know more about what our men and women in uniform not only do for us but what we don't do for them. The demons they face once stepping back onto American soil is heart wrenching. A once unspoken inner-battle is no longer a secret however we still aren't doing anything to help our veterans. That is shameful. I HIGHLY recommend every civilian and veteran watch this movie. Twice.

• Oct 04, 2015

This was a super documentary. This really opens your eyes on really is going on during the war. I am so very proud of these veterans for what they have gone through. Nobody should have to pay the price that they do. I thank every one of the soldiers past and present. This is a must see show.

• Aug 29, 2015

We all know someone who has served and we probably all know vets who have been forever impacted by their experiences while fighting for our freedom. But I think we often take for granted or simply don't want to think about what these people have gone through. The Truth hurts. This film brings front and center the realities of war, the battles that continue upon returning home, and the personal and family struggles that come with that. It is emotional, spiritual and heart breaking at times. You are left with a greater understanding of what do many of our friends and loved ones have experienced, and the ongoing reality of living with PTSD. The film also highlights the advancements made in understanding PTSD and the recovery that is possible through intervention, therapy and connection to others dealing with similar struggles. Loved this film.

• Aug 28, 2015

Amazing, touching, heart wrenching. We need to put resources into helping the men and women who protect our country!!

• Aug 26, 2015

Very powerful and moving experience!

Very powerful and moving experience!

• Aug 26, 2015

Searching for home is a well balanced film giving you a taste of veterans' lives both young and old. It goes into the lives of these veterans and how they dealt with ptsd as well as how their familes coped with the loved ones PTSD. The amount of content in this film is insane. As a viewer you can see the hard work that went into this. I suggest everyone see it. There is way more in this documentary than mentioned.

• Aug 25, 2015

Everyone should see this film to learn what these wars that did not accomplish anything did to the young men and women. Many went over as idealists and came back shattered emotionally and psychologically. The toll they paid was far greater than any gain the nation will realize.