Searching for Paradise - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Searching for Paradise Reviews

January 13, 2010
Personally conceived and resistant to simplified formulas, Myra Paci's debut feature, "Searching for Paradise" could have been vastly better than it actually is.
December 7, 2008
How I loathe these artsy independent films, filled with pretentious garbage and overly subtle performances. It's watchable, but not in the least bit memorable.
September 20, 2007
Story of a young girl's infatuation with an actor crossed with grief for her just-deceased father, documented on a handheld camcorder with which she practices for a future in film. screwy at times but a good watch. Italian highlights. Neat ending.
June 24, 2007
this film is, in a completely critically overused term, "flawed", but it has its moments. Still, overall, this movie left me with no conclusion (which is effective and heartwrenching, when done well) and completely unexplainable at times. so... as much as i enjoyed the fact that i stumbled upon a Sundance indie in my meanderings through the 'oldies', this one just wasn't worth the second glance.
½ December 9, 2006
*sigh* I dunno. I got a little tired of seeing Susan May Pratt's face in this movie. It just dragged for me.
½ May 2, 2004
It was a pretty good movie. Although I must admit, my only reason for renting it was because Chris Noth was in it. I probably never would have bothered if it wasn't for him. But it was an interesting movie. I wouldn't put it in my list of all time favorite films, but it also wasn't a waste of time to watch it.
Chris Noth in this film would get a full 10/10 but the main character, the girl... she annoyed me a bit. She seemed to over-act in some parts. So that's why the movie is knocked down to a 7/10 rating. ;)