Seberg Reviews

• Jan 16, 2021

Despite excellent production with good period detail and a noteworthy performance by Kristen Stewart, this film falls short of presenting a cohesive psychological portrait of Jean Seberg.

• Jan 06, 2021

It was amazing. I can't verbalize it, but it touched by soul. It broke my heart.

• Dec 13, 2020

This was a perfect example of why I usually don't love the biopics. The subject here, whom I knew little about, seemed to provide many different avenues from which to develop multiple themes and motivations deeper and instead chose the paint by numbers approach, resulting in a meh film with an under utilized cast.

• Oct 25, 2020

Decent, Kristen Stewart was very good. The scenery was good. Nice look at the late 60's and early 70's. Vince Vaughan had his best performance as serious acting role. On the negative side, the writing was fraudulent to the story and far too left wing.

• Sep 18, 2020

YE-YE The star of "Breathless". J. Edgar Hoover's bullying FBI. The militant Black Panthers. Hoo-boy, has this movie got it goin' on! Kristen Stewart takes another step towards Hollywood credibility, slipping into a pixie cut and some super chic yellow fashion, strutting in the heels of tabloid sensation Jean Seberg to some delicious Scott Walker crooning. Oh those swinging' sixties! Soon enough the gloss fades into the background as the spirited actress starts chumming around with what the feds deem the wrong crowd. And away we go. Instead of focusing solely on Seberg, we get a parallel story line of an FBI agent caught in the escalating and illegal tactics favoured back then, charged with discrediting the actor, and in the process, ruining her life. The story is bat guano crazy, and sadly, true. So much happens that it hardly fits into one little movie, and perhaps that is the problem here. Seberg's past, her family, her lovers, are given short shrift, at the expense of the FBI angle. Funny how the film keeps harping on the star status of its lead, but fails to discover her. Great bit of history, and Stewart is impeccably cast, but "Seberg" deserves better. - hipCRANK

• Aug 22, 2020

L'histoire de Jean Seberg est super intéressante. Alors quand j'ai vu qu'on faisait un film sur sa vie, j'étais enchanté. Mais ils ont décidé de juste se concentrer sur son flirt avec le Black Panther et faire un film d'espionnage boboche. Au moins, Kristen Stewart est bonne dans le rôle. Dommage qu'ils aient choisi cet angle. J'aurais mis deux étoiles mais j'ajoute un demi point pour la performance de Stewart.

• Aug 19, 2020

The problem with this film was inserting the fictional FBI character. The story of Jane Seberg is extremely interesting. It starts off strong, but veers further and further from reality as it goes on. By the end, it doesn't resemble reheat happened in reality at all and if you know the true story, I'd say it's a slap in the face to Jean Seberg. They took too many liberties when the real story had enough going for it to be made into a film. Kristen Stewart was really good in it. The problem was the writing not the acting.

• Aug 16, 2020

I tries to watch the movie three times...but couldn't stay awake. It was just so boring. Kirsten Stewart just doesn't have the vitality to play this role and keep it interesting.

• Aug 09, 2020

Everyone should see this

Everyone should see this

• Aug 02, 2020

It would have been a good movie if there was more detail of her involvement in Black Panthers and what her life was actually like after her involvement and then finding out the FBI was bugging and following her. It only included about 4 major things that happened in her life and it just basically cut off after the FBI agent informed her if their surveillance of her. From what I've read there were 9 years left of her life that probably should have been included in the movie. Those 9 years she suffered and then led to her death. What happened in those 9 years? The content could have been so much more informative which would have made it a lot more interesting instead of her just being watched by the FBI because of what seemed like minimal involvement with Black Panthers other than sleeping with one of the leaders and donating to them. Why not go further into why she was in the mental state she was in because of her past? Anyway waste of time but would have been a good movie had they included the full story about her.