Secondhand Lions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secondhand Lions Reviews

½ September 19, 2015
Haven't seen this movie in a while!
½ August 20, 2015
Definitely not Oscar-worthy, but definitely a fun movie.
½ June 30, 2015
Come for the performances of two icons of cinema but the movie itself is nothing more than a generic piece of cheese.
½ June 10, 2015
Secondhand Lions boasts just enough charm to make it an enjoyable, innocent and sometimes exhilarating family film. The chemistry between the lead trio is convincing and looks natural, the story is fairly unique and enjoyable albeit a little cliche when it comes to the two uncles adventures being shown via Michael Caine's anecdotes. In the end, Secondhand Lions is a very entertaining film that delivers on laughs, entertainment, good performances, likable characters and solid pacing.
½ May 2, 2015
A nice one to watch when you have nothing better to do.
A fresh rating of 62%
"A nice and sometimes emotional movie."
½ April 21, 2015
For young Walter, (Haley Joel Osment), being stuck on his "crazy" uncles' farm is the last place on earth he wants to spend summer. First, shocked by their unconventional behavior, including ordering an African lion through the mail,Walter soon gets caught up in their mysterious past. The rumors that his uncles (Academy Award winners Robert and Michael Caine*) were bank robbers or maybe even worse are hard to believe,but they do seem to have an endless supply of cash!
½ April 6, 2015
Has a good feel throughout with decent acting. The script worked and is heart-felt yet still provides some good laughs.
February 25, 2015
Garnering a cast of such a highly established pedigree and so severely underutilizing their talents renders Secondhand Lions a completely forgettable affair.
February 18, 2015
I just adored this movie!!!
February 1, 2015
A good traditional story with the right mix of humor and silliness, kept me engaged for the entire movie.
½ January 10, 2015
This is the second worst movie I have ever seen (after Drop Dead Fred). It is so full of predictable, saccharine Hollywood plot points that it feels like a paint-by-numbers of the lowest sort. Stupid, unimaginative, and creatively lazy; avoid this movie at all costs.
January 1, 2015
Is this movie really that great? Everyone seems to like it.
November 21, 2014
It's an awesome movie!
October 6, 2014
Love this. It is a sweet movie with some awesome storytelling. Great for all ages and well worth the watch.
September 17, 2014
This movie was awesome and it doesn't hurt that the cast are nearly as storied as their characters.
September 11, 2014
My favorite film of all time. I have watched it at least a hundred times, no exaggeration, and to this day I still am not tired of it. Fantastic film and a must see in my book.
September 9, 2014
Best Movie I have ever seen in my entire life!
August 24, 2014
A feel good film, or/and a dramedy adventure with surprises. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 11, 2014
How often are you going to see a movie like this--filled with humor *and* actual wisdom--in today's Hollywood? Almost deserves a 5 just for that.
August 6, 2014
I noticed that after the fight with the teenagers hub has a bunch of bloody cuts in his shirt and I wondered how he was still alive :)