Secondhand Lions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secondhand Lions Reviews

½ May 12, 2014
A wholesome but schmaltzy movie. I still enjoy it though
½ May 2, 2014
A great story with good cinematography that captures the imagination in both kids and adults- It has something for all ages! I think this is one of the last big films Osment has been in lately, but he plays his part marvelously!
April 27, 2014
Just a great movie highly recommended.
April 1, 2014
awesome movie I love it
½ March 29, 2014
Schmaltzy for sure, but its affectionate lens on childhood and imagination is hard to resist. Having a solid trio of actors and a moving score by Patrick Doyle certainly help.
½ March 16, 2014
Excellent family movie. Tweens and up.
February 24, 2014
A feel good movie at its best
January 11, 2014
one of my favorite movies
½ January 8, 2014
There are gaps here and there, of course, but ultimately it's humor and wholesomeness make you forget about it, or not even notice.
January 6, 2014
If you like the Princess Bride - you should like this one. Good family flick.
January 5, 2014
Critics don't know a good movie if it clobbers them over the head--this is one of the best, with wonderful acting by Robert Duvall and Michael Caine. One of my all-time favorites.
December 26, 2013
This is one of my all-time favorite feel good movies! The score and setting alone make it amazing!
December 2, 2013
I really liked this movie! I recommend it for family night and family gatherings!
December 1, 2013
Wonderful family movie with a humourous story about a boy and the relationship that he builds with these two old guys plus a great cast.
November 15, 2013
Yet again critics fail to see the beauty in something that isn't a European-style art flick. Simple and wholesome, this is what Hollywood needs to make more of.
October 19, 2013
I actually really liked this movie. While it was nothing original and it leans to much on a swashbuckling mood in story-telling, it had some good humor and it's fun for the entire family. Definitely worth watching with your kids or family members.
½ October 15, 2013
Very good, nicely well-rounded.
½ October 11, 2013
More than a heart warming family movie, it models honour and loyalty with laughter aplenty and a ripping good adventure.
October 6, 2013
Not an oscar contender... Not a great movie... Fell asleep watching with family on video...Duvall and Caine can do better..
September 25, 2013
I would agree that Michael Caine was not the right actor for this role. However, the story was great.