Secret Admirer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secret Admirer Reviews

April 12, 2016
Too bad I can't find working download links on the net for this movie...
Stay Gold Tom Howell!
July 11, 2015
One of my favourite childhood movies
April 13, 2015
Slightly above average and charmingly heartfelt, Secret Admirer tugs at the heart strings as an emotionally inspirational teen romantic comedy that proves true love is closer than you think.
December 4, 2014
Predictable and formulaic but also quite funny 80s comedy. Fred ward is hilarious
October 6, 2014
My favorite romantic comedy movie!
½ June 3, 2014
Descent comedy. Great moral story where u think the woman u desire is who u want ends up being the one u never were thinking of.
½ March 28, 2014
Series of unsigned love letters sets off unintended chain of events when they fall into the wrong hands. Solid results for such an obvious premise. Features contributions from Fred Ward, Kelly Preston and Lori Loughlin and incorporates no less than three songs from the band Autograph.
½ January 15, 2014
Not Bad.Great Cast.B-
November 20, 2013
Thats when u real friend thats crazy for u living in a small world!
½ October 1, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013

(1985) Secret Admirer
TEENAGE COMEDY

Intentioned for the young narcissistic teenage male which the idea is so simplistic, that it only serves only as a backdrop to the failed comedy routines. Long time female teen Toni (Lori Loughlin) craving for a steady relationship with her best friend Michael Ryan (C. Thomas Howell) except that like most of his peers the only girl he want is the most popular teenage girl of the school who is
Deborah (Kelly Preston). And then throughout much of the movie, Toni helps him to achieve this. Even if it meant sacrificing herself as a distraction since Deborah has a boyfriend already who is an all around popular athletic jock.

Simplistic movie for the average teen male who used to have the hot's for a young Kelly Preston since this may have been the first film she had ever did that showed her breasts which there was no internet at the time, and ironically is probably one of the few things I remembered about it. Many of my peers also wanted to see more movies of her assuming Preston be naked in those movies too before people knew she was a scientologist and was married to fellow scientologist John Travolta. If you ask me, Scientology wasn't even a word for a very long time until Bill Clinton came into office since Travolta was doing a movie about him.

2 out of 4 stars
July 5, 2013
Well done comedy - good cast - movie I could watch anytime
July 1, 2013
A missed opportunity. It starts out promising, almost like it's going to be this John Hughes' style classic, and then fifteen minutes in, the adults get a hold of the anonymously composed love letters and everything devolves into unbelievable sitcom. I was so crushed when it became a stupid comedy of errors and abandoned all of the good stuff that made me think I was going to relate to it. The ending is high-energy and I was happy to see how things resolved but if the rest of the film were as good as its bookends, this would have been something special.
½ May 6, 2013
There were a couple reason I wanted to re-watch this film. One, it has Fred Ward in it. Two, it was directed and co-written by future X-Files, Buffy and Angel producer/writer David Greenwalt. Although this 80s teen comedy is is not up to Buffy/Angel standards, it's watchable with a solid 80s cast that includes C. Thomas Howell, Lori Loughlin, Kelly Preston, Dee Wallace, Leigh Taylor-Young, Fred Ward, Casey Siemaszko and, of course, Corey Haim. You also get a synthesizer heavy soundtrack by Jan "Miami Vice" Hammer.
April 18, 2013
A piece of a good memory.
February 10, 2013
You can tell just by seeing the opening credits that this movie is straight out of the 80s. Loved the storyline, humor and cast. Overall, it's a fantastic movie. Very John Hughes-esque.
½ February 5, 2013
A great love story. Hugely underrated!
December 13, 2012
a nice one i have just watched it today
December 7, 2012
Would like to see at some stage.
October 11, 2012
A 1980s favorite romantic-comedy. It was sweet and memorable but predictable plot.
October 11, 2012