Secret Admirer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secret Admirer Reviews

½ September 4, 2012
Been catching up on some cheap movies found in the discount racks. Saw this way back when and it is surprisingly well done. Lost in the high stake teen movies of 1985 like Breakfast Club, it makes you laugh and has a clever script. Greenwalt (director) would go on to be a lead director on the X Files and Buffy the Vamprie Slayer. Preston went on to marry John Travolta - Loughlin to Full House and John Stamos, unsure what happened to C. Thomas Howell.
½ April 19, 2012
Yet another of the mid-80s teen romances, but this one is excellent for some reason or other. God knows. But it has fun, and believable romance, and all sorts. I recommend it to you, the fictitious person who reads these reviews.
½ April 14, 2012
A cute, fun 80s flick that still holds up surprisingly well over 20 years later.
April 1, 2012
it made me laugh because it was just so cheesy...
March 10, 2012
One of my favorite 80's movies. Need to buy this!
½ February 8, 2012
OMG, what a crazy movie. That 1 letter really made this movie so enjoyable to watch with the chaos amidst the letter confusion. Had so much fun watching this and the lead actor is so freaking cute! Overall, a good movie that I would watch again.
January 13, 2012
Kelly Preston is still hot!!!!
August 31, 2011
I loved this movie when I was little.. and frankly.. it still has that magic feeling. Besides, it's kinda funny how much trouble a letter can create..
August 23, 2011
Fun but predictable teen comedy from the great teen comedy year 1985. It stars C Thomas Howell as a high school kid who gets an anonymous love letter, and of course, the letter finds its way to other people thinking they have a secret admirer, comedy ensues. Better than expected but nothing really special, though it's nice seeing Becky/Lori Loughlin (who from about 5 seconds into the movie you know she's the one who wrote the letter. With most 80s teen comedies, it has a good cheesy 80s soundtrack. And Fred Ward is pretty hilarious as the cop dad.
January 20, 2011
Another predictable teen romance from the 80s, but it does have a good cast and a couple of funny scenes.
November 24, 2010
nice romantic comedy
½ September 7, 2010
En los 80's sí se hicieron comedias románticas que no eran bobas
April 25, 2010
Kelly Preston is still hot!!!!
½ March 17, 2010
this was such a fun and young movie. lori loughlin was really great. i loved it.
March 16, 2010
nice romantic comedy
½ February 27, 2010
Not as good as other 80s teen comedies I've seen. With the premise and cast, this could have been much much better.
February 25, 2010
a nice one i have just watched it today
February 13, 2010
Alright, it's cheesy, got story flaws, predictable, and could be a lot better, but it has a good amount of funny scenes and good actors. Overall, it's so-so.
October 30, 2009
A good movie but corny ending
½ August 13, 2009