Secret in Their Eyes Reviews

• Apr 05, 2021

You should see the original, this remake doesn't have the magic that it needs

You should see the original, this remake doesn't have the magic that it needs

• Nov 17, 2020

A team of anti terrorist agents respond to a call of a dead body adjacent to a mosque they are investigating and discover the victim is the daughter of one of their own which leads to extreme tension and bad decisions. Great cast highlighted by Chiwetel Ejiofor who puts on a riveting performance. Nicole Kidman, Julia Roberts and Dean Norris round out the cast. Very good movie.

• Nov 08, 2020

I enjoyed the movie very much. There are some flaws, but you can overlook it. I paused this movie a lot to think about things were going. And think about the steps of the 3 main characters. And I haven't done this in a while, but that's how I like my movies. I was interested in alle the characters and I will think about this movie some more in the next couple of days. The flaws are the non-excisting chemistry between Ray and Claire and the somewhat easily murder that gets no background. But I could overlook it because I was more interested in the main characters in their individual lives. The acting is good. And makes you wonder about murder, forgiveness, living on, living in the past, reconsilation, friendship, life and death and the torment of a person close to you dying. I did not see the original. In the end all of their lifes foto worse, but I like this ending. It couldnt end well, and actually it kinda did.

• Oct 11, 2020

This movie could've been deeper and so much more interesting but for me it felt short. The premise in which everything was built was lacking so many things. Motive is like they didn't wanna think of something and since when a whole investigation is based on just one stupid photo, they didn't even try to follow any other leads if there was any... It was really boring, I spend the whole movie waiting for something that never happened...

• Aug 06, 2020

Two huge legalities of criminal practice were omitted. First, there can be no conviction on a confession alone; it must be corroborated. Second, the prosecution failed to turn over information about a body. In closing, the Commonwealth's attorney told the jury that the defendant took the body and put in a swamp. The defense attorney's attempt to keep recalling Ms. Miller AFTER she rested was bush league. No defense lawyer, even a new one, is THAT stupid to keep demanding it until she gets thrown in jail. The judge, after women were discovered in the basement, told the defendant that "the state" in effect was sorry. Virginia is a commonwealth, and the lawyers there ALWAYS refer to the state as "the Commonwealth." Screen writers need to learn these details. Finally, the public defender stated that the office doesn't have the money to take the case to trial. This is pure bullshit; the public defenders in all states get state funding to run their offices. There is no such thing as not enough money to try a case or to hire an expert.

• Jun 23, 2020

It works. Great cast

It works. Great cast

• Jun 17, 2020

Good performances seriously undermined by a very average script and laughable plot line. Not sure why this A list cast put their hands up for this one...

• Jun 05, 2020

Fine acting elevates this otherwise routine thriller with a lightweight script, and makes it just about worth the watch.

• May 24, 2020

Too long, too confused and confusing, it's really not worth watching.

Too long, too confused and confusing, it's really not worth watching.

• May 21, 2020

This remake of the secret of his eyes (2009) is very bad compared to the original Argentina.