Daltry Calhoun - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Daltry Calhoun Reviews

½ August 11, 2015
I should have know to stay away with Johnny Knoxville in the lead.I have no one to blame but myself for the waste of an hour and a half of my life.
½ December 18, 2014
Daltry Calhoun is the story of a family from the perspective of a 14 year old girl. This movie is quite boring, and I struggled to get through this fil,. The narration was boring, I did not care about any of the characters, and just waited for this point of this movie to come about. It never did.
October 16, 2012
a realli want to c this movie it looks gd
August 13, 2012
A Knoxville movie shouldn't be so devoid of highlights that less than 3 months alter i can't recall a single thing about it... and this was my second watch.
April 10, 2012
not mr. knoxville's best film by far, its ok but a little drawn out and not very funny either
November 2, 2011
very slow and not funny by an means but the ending was decent. im not sure what i was supposed to get out of this movie
½ September 22, 2011
Terrible. absolutely terrible.
½ June 25, 2011
Not Knoxvilles best,i happen to consider Johnny Knoxville a gat actor...but this one kinda missed the bar and not my favroite film of his. I couldnt buy Knoxville as the family man,it was strange,watch itmif you are curious,but dont expect much.
February 18, 2011
Great soundtrack, but would you expect anything less from a movie produced by Taranino?
November 13, 2010
Pshhaw to the 3.6 rating. This is a great movie--Juliette Lewis is fabulous......dialogue's great..
½ October 4, 2010
I was pleasantly surprised by this film. It was a very well made and touching film about a deadbeat dad coming back to bond with his teenage daughter.
Worthwhile drama.
½ September 5, 2010
Whoever knows me knows I love Knoxville, but I really don't like him as an actor. Although unlike his other movies, this one was different. It fit him and he wasn't bad at all in it. A little slow in the beginning, but gets better after 40 minutes or so. It's a sweet good-feel kind of movie with a GREAT soundtrack and some nice jokes.
½ July 20, 2010
I honestly enjoyed this movie. I know it's not normal humor and most people found it to be a pretty bad movie, but I disagree. I happen to like Johnny Knoxville as an actor even though most people don't. I felt all the characters played well off each other, and Johnny's fumbling "Daltry Calhoun" as he tries to get to know his estranged daughter is heartwarming. Watch it at least once and decide for yourself.
June 6, 2010
A cute feel-good movie. It was okay...
April 30, 2010
johnny knoxville is an odd character and sadly this is a missed oportunity in my eyes. offbeat characters and great music can't save a film with no real focus or character development.
starts off fun but soon becomes a mess of ideas and no real substance to keep the snail pace alive. the actors do well with what they have but other then that this film missed the mark terribly, split between the film it wants to be and something else
October 2, 2009
Lol yeah this was pretty crap ...i love tarantino and Jonny Knoxville but this was ridiculous! Im glad i hardly heard about it! ~ So why is this so awful? / Well i always have a constructive response guaranteed!! ----Not funny, slow boring, annoying ---wen i first read that it was made by tarantino i thought ok should be funny! And that it had Jonny Knoxville has funny right?? Just from that description i would have thought there would be jackass pain!! With reservoir dogs (or insert any decent tarantino movie) but what i got was dreck. Do not see this unless you are easily bowled over by romantic style drama that which i abhor
½ August 11, 2009
To be honest, I just didn't enjoy it. It wasnt badly made, it had decent acting, I just didn't like it.
June 5, 2009
A quirky light hearted film, definitely worth seeing on a rainy day =D
May 10, 2009
It is a nice, clean family movie, if you are hanging out with the kids/parents, or if you are by yourself and there is no risk of anyone else finding out just how "sappy" you are.