Secret of Giving - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secret of Giving Reviews

November 27, 2015
The movie is set in the prairies of Oregon during the Edwardian Era. Usually, period movies focus on well-off white people with large families. The lead in this movie, Rose, is a dirt poor woman who lives in a cabin with her ill son. The son is dying from the same ailment that killed his father. Unable to afford medicine until she sells the livestock, Rose goes to the Chinese community to barter their Eastern medicine in exchange for her selling their food and teaching them to read. To people who cringe at her selling Chinese food, she proudly proclaims that the Chinese built the railroad so we owe them our support. The contribution of minorities, immigrants, and women to our society throughout history is sorely lacking in movies and history books, making this a must-see movie.
July 4, 2015
Loved this Hallmark movie! Reba and Thomas Griffith are great together!
June 18, 2014
THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
½ November 27, 2013
Awful, just embarrassingly awful. Reba is so good and this movie was so bad. Sentimental doesn't cover it. What a waste, I'd rather just see Reba singing the songs in front of a fireplace. What would make someone do this movie?
April 29, 2010
Okay drama. Nothing really spectacular about it though...and there's only so much romance and chemistry we can have when Reba's the star of the movie.
½ December 7, 2008
I love this movie, I look forward to it every year at christmas time