The Secret of My Success Reviews

• 1d ago

Yep, the music is dated and it's corny in some spots but overall a good fun movie with great acting performances. Also for anyone with ambition you'll definitely enjoy the movie, a great reminder to be ambitious but not take the corporate world too seriously. I first saw this movie when I was a twenty something in my first few years working in Manhattan....reminds me of what a great time it is when you're having your first successes......

• Mar 25, 2021

A great cast having lots of fun in a throwback screwball comedy, that contemporizes the story with issues that the youth were beginning to face in the 80s. When wasn't Michael j Fox fun though?

• Oct 02, 2020

Michael J. Fox needs a time machine to rethink doing this film.

Michael J. Fox needs a time machine to rethink doing this film.

• Sep 06, 2020

I love Michael and this movie is one of his best! It's funny, witty and gives an air of hopefulness. It is an 80s movie and they're different from new releases. If you can go into it understanding the era you'll love every second. Love you MJF!! Keep fighting and inspiring us!

• Aug 13, 2020

If you like 80s movies this is a great movie to watch

If you like 80s movies this is a great movie to watch

• Jun 26, 2020

An unremarkable watch, not planning on watching again, and can't recommend. I just checked out in the 3rd act (where all the action was). In 1987, maybe there weren't a lot of movies like this, and someone had the idea to make the kid from "Back to the Future" (Michael J. Fox) work really hard for his next paycheck, but today we have lots of comedic actors that work as hard or harder (not that Mr. Fox ever did not put his all into his work) for bigger results and better written movies. So not only did I not care about the characters, the chaos, or the result, its a little bland. It was well produced and performed, I'm just not sure why they did it on this story. Today, watch "Wolf of Wall Street" instead: its just a better use of your time.

• Jun 20, 2020

This movie is a classic! If you love the 80's, you'll find nostalgia in this movie. Superstar Michael J. Fox gives a captivating performance as Brantley Foster, a recent college graduate who travels from a small town in Kansas to NYC for a new job. After his arrival to New York, he immediately discovers that he's been eliminated from his position due to economic cutbacks and eventually is forced to take a job from his uncle, a shirt tale relative, to say the least. Brantley starts work in the mail room and quickly climbs the ladder to executive when he poses as another employee under the name Carlton Whitfield. He quickly learns that the company needs to expand and is in danger of a hostile takeover. His privy knowledge quickly leads to the secret of his success. Sadly, Hollywood doesn't make movies like this anymore. The film score by David Foster is a key component to the 80's nostalgia. The story is ridiculous and incredibly unrealistic which adds to it's greatness. Highly underrated and deserves to be on every streaming service for the rest of eternity.

• Mar 08, 2020

I think this is a classic underdog story and its been a favorite of mine for a long time. I have nothing bad to say about it and it being an 80's movie its surprisingly relatable and still funny. 10/10 would reccomend to anyone.

• Jan 19, 2020

Great story and awesome soundtrack

Great story and awesome soundtrack

• Jul 19, 2019

One of the best 80’s movies. Cleverly written and fun to watch!

One of the best 80’s movies. Cleverly written and fun to watch!