Secret of the Magic Gourd - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secret of the Magic Gourd Reviews

½ June 5, 2016
a total kiddy pic & Disney trying to capitalize on Asian anime only made it 25 minutes into it-yuck
½ June 4, 2016
Moo goo gai pan. Cream of sum yung gy. Stir fri cat. Mi yong gow hoochi goochi mow ying. Terrible. Boring. Crappy animation. Dumb story. Ugh.
½ June 13, 2012
This is at least better than watching Stephen Chow's "CJ7" which was released a year later after this film by about a notch, especially in terms of its mature narrative and character development.

My Rating: 3.5/5 stars; Grade: B; Gesture: One Thumb Up; Status: Somewhat Good (Fresh).
½ January 18, 2011
A fun Disney movie, but a bit to Asian for my taste maybe.
I do think all kids will love it, it has some great effects and is very child friendly.
½ August 31, 2010
I regret giving this a half a star.
May 22, 2010
A young Chinese boy living in Beijing finds an animated magic pumpkin which grants him any wish he has, and at the same time teaches him valuable life lessons as the bond.

The plot is easy to follow with clever and funny dialogues. It has amazing graphic pictures and the special effects blend beautifully with real life scenes making the movie even better. Of course, I would recommend you to watch the original in Chinese with English subtitles, unless you are to bored to read them!

Overall it's a great film to see not only for kids, but also for those who refuse to grow up ;)
October 23, 2009
My children loved this movie. They still ask to watch it again, and again.
½ August 29, 2009
Fantastic visuals and special effects which actually mix very well with real life instead of taking it over. Communist Chinese and free enterprise Disney an interesting combination but its only a kids film and if I can put up with questionable dubbing then my kids certainly can. They're watching it third time around.