Secret of the Magic Gourd Reviews

• Oct 12, 2020

It borrows from other properties, including those of Disney, but you can't help but admire its effort to be smart and charming.

• Mar 23, 2020

This movie scarred me as a child. The Guord is ugly as hell. The part where he splits himself in half gave me nightmares. I found a picture of this monstrosity on google images, and it unearthed flashbacks I never knew I had. Please, spare the minds of your innocent children. Do not let them watch this cursed film.

• Jun 05, 2016

a total kiddy pic & Disney trying to capitalize on Asian anime only made it 25 minutes into it-yuck

• Jun 04, 2016

Moo goo gai pan. Cream of sum yung gy. Stir fri cat. Mi yong gow hoochi goochi mow ying. Terrible. Boring. Crappy animation. Dumb story. Ugh.

• Apr 29, 2012

This is at least better than watching Stephen Chow's "CJ7" which was released a year later after this film by about a notch, especially in terms of its mature narrative and character development. My Rating: 3.5/5 stars; Grade: B; Gesture: One Thumb Up; Status: Somewhat Good (Fresh).

• Jan 18, 2011

A fun Disney movie, but a bit to Asian for my taste maybe. I do think all kids will love it, it has some great effects and is very child friendly.

• Aug 31, 2010

I regret giving this a half a star.

I regret giving this a half a star.

• May 22, 2010

A young Chinese boy living in Beijing finds an animated magic pumpkin which grants him any wish he has, and at the same time teaches him valuable life lessons as the bond. The plot is easy to follow with clever and funny dialogues. It has amazing graphic pictures and the special effects blend beautifully with real life scenes making the movie even better. Of course, I would recommend you to watch the original in Chinese with English subtitles, unless you are to bored to read them! Overall it's a great film to see not only for kids, but also for those who refuse to grow up ;)

• Oct 23, 2009

My children loved this movie. They still ask to watch it again, and again.

My children loved this movie. They still ask to watch it again, and again.

• Aug 29, 2009

Fantastic visuals and special effects which actually mix very well with real life instead of taking it over. Communist Chinese and free enterprise Disney an interesting combination but its only a kids film and if I can put up with questionable dubbing then my kids certainly can. They're watching it third time around.