Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics Reviews

August 30, 2011
this is a great documentary about comic books history. it's very humble of DC to also recognize the role of Marvel in some part of their history. and the way i can learn how they're evolving, this really made me once again believe in DC.
August 23, 2011
For comic book fans this is interesting. Fans probably knows these stuffs but if someone isn`t that familiar about DC Comics history, they should watch this.
August 6, 2011
A must see for comic fans and neophytes.
July 8, 2011
Fantastic, informative, and interesting. After watching this I have a serious hankering to re-watch the mentioned movies, and to find a similar doc. on Marvel comics.
July 4, 2011
Interesante, pero incompleto y algo superficial.
½ June 27, 2011
As a self-serving look at the history of just one of the two major publishers in the comic industry, it shouldn't come as much surprise to hear that a few small liberties are taken with this short history lesson. The broader picture rings true, though, and the producers of this documentary clearly took great pains to ask the right questions of the right people. Long-term fans will be pleased to see appropriate representatives from every significant moment in the company's history in living color, though some of the more embattled personalities such as Alan Moore and Frank Miller only appear via ancient promotional videos. Fresh geeks who don't already know the story will see their horizons broadened by some of the pains and issues DC has confronted and endured over the years, while more seasoned readers will enjoy the refresher course and possibly even learn a thing or two themselves. Worth watching once, at least.
½ June 22, 2011
Filled with stunning vintage footage, from the 30's onward, and interviews with comic book professionals from all eras whom I've never seen on video, this film is the ultimate treat for comic book fans. Great motion graphics bring the iconic art to life. Highly recommended.
June 21, 2011
Le problème avec les docs comme ça c'est qu'ils sont à la fois complets et si courts... On aurait tellement envie de plonger encore plus profond dans chacune des p (C)riodes de l' (C)diteur...
June 9, 2011
If you wanna know the history of DC Comics then give it a look
June 8, 2011
A good little documentary about the lesser of the two giants of the industry.
June 7, 2011
Didnt think that the history of a comic would be interesting but it held my interest til the end.
May 21, 2011
An introductory documentary for aspiring comic book geeks out there!
May 14, 2011
Good look at the history of DC Comics. I've always been a Marvel guy myself, but it's still an interesting movie. Follows DC from when it was founded all the way up to recent history with movies like "Dark Knight." Not a bad watch if your into comics.
March 11, 2011
I guess a lot of this stuff is crap you already know, but here it is in about as compact as possible while doing their best to pat each other on the backs while also doing their damnedest to not use the word "Marvel".
½ March 3, 2011
Nice documentary. For the comic book savant, not much new in the history department, but, it's beautifully made. Though I think some segments need polishing, like the liberalization of the CCA. Totally worth watching, specially if you want to learn about the medium.
February 27, 2011
fascinating doco about DC Comics & the history of comic books in general. Well narrated by Ryan Reynolds.
February 20, 2011
Muy buen documental. Claro como es hecho propiamente por DC Comics omiten ciertas cosas que nunca se dicen abiertamente como el hecho de que es falso que Bob Kane haya inventado a Batman y el plagio del comic de The Shadow para hacer Detective Comics 27. Pero aún así son valiente y hablan de cosas como la controversial vida privada del creador de Wonder Woman. Omiten los multiples litigios que han tenido con los Siegels y Shusters, pero con todo y todo, es un buen documental para introducir a la gente no muy versada en comics.
½ January 30, 2011
Interesting enough that even non-comic book geeks should enjoy it.
January 23, 2011
Brought a tear to my eyes