Secret Window - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secret Window Reviews

October 18, 2015
2015-10-18 Johnny was good but this was creepy and confusing. why didn't the cleaning lady ever come back? why the heck did he kill his own dog? and what's with the braces and vest at the end, a third personality?
½ October 14, 2015
Has its moments but there's too much unintentional silliness and the script isn't as smart as it thinks it is.
½ September 19, 2015
Boring,pretictble and by far one of the worst psychological thriller I've ever seen.Poorly writeen and acted,with zero suspense and a cliche twist ending.Don't bother.
½ September 16, 2015
I watched this movie once and wanted my money back. This would have been difficult to do as I watched it on TV. So instead I went into my brother's room, took $5 off his dresser and told him he was responsible for my unhappiness. He has yet to forgive me for this transgression and I hold this movie directly responsible for the rift it has caused in my family.
½ September 12, 2015
An incredible film. Until the stupid twist then it became really really stupid
½ August 29, 2015
The film shows little respect to its audience. It serves up obvious twists and plot difficulties alongside dialogue so in-your-face that it leaves nothing to ponder about afterwards. John Turturro's performance was dull and monotonous, and unfortunately not redeemed by Maria Bello's above average acting. The score stood out to be the best part of the movie but again, unfortunately ruined by the swift cuts to cheap jumpscare imagery. For a "psychological thriller", it failed to create any suspense or tension in me.
½ July 25, 2015
Johnny Depp is effective in this adaptation of a lesser known Stephen King story, but unfortunately the whole thing comes off as nothing more than a fancy made for cable thriller. It has a big budget cast with a low budget look and attitude. The writing is at times laboured and the direction somewhat pedestrian. Not one of the better King adaptations to film, but, then they're hard to come by.
July 10, 2015
Intriguing thriller falls victim to cliched finale.
½ June 12, 2015
Johnny Depp is absolutely FANTASTIC in Secret Window. Although I could kinda see the twist ending coming, it's creepily directed by David Koepp and easily entertaining.
June 7, 2015
Johnny Depp with this movie proved that he is one of the most versatile and consistently good actors ever. He turned the movie more funny and dark at the same time, he really did a good job. The movie could be considered a masterpiece in movies industry. It isn't only one more bloody movie. It has a clever story, a strong argument, organised screenplay, it's really unpredictable and we can really say that is plot is replet of Hitchcockian twists and turns, the final is really original and helps that the movie never stop improving at the end. Really thrilling and dark, and excellent exemple of a psychological thriller.
May 17, 2015
A great movie based on a Stephen King story. Johnny Depp gives a brilliant performance.
½ May 9, 2015
Was expecting a much better movie, but that's not what I got. Instead, I got a predictable thriller that feels as uninspired as another Transformers movie, but with much better acting. Johnny Depp is a great actor and easily the best thing in this movie (besides John Turturro, of course). The movie desperately wants you to know it's a plot twist movie from the very beginning. It puts clues everywhere and in the first 15 minutes, I figured out the ending. For the next 70 minutes, I just waited to see if I was right. And guess what, I was. The characters are interesting and Depp's descent into madness is more than entertaining, and even with such a predictable ending, it was cool to see Depp go batshit crazy! Throughout the movie Depp and Turturro keep saying that the ending is the most important part of a book. And Turturro's character wants Depp's character to fix the ending of his story. The only thing that REALLY needs fixing, is this movie's ending. All in all, a predictable thriller with an uninspired plot only worth seeing because of Depp's another great performance.
March 29, 2015
Secret Window lovingly crafts its eery campfire tale with a balance of menace and playfulness that suits its dynamic characters.
½ March 28, 2015
Enpä muistanut elokuvan jujua, vaikka näin tämän jo toistamiseen... suosittelisin tätä Stephen Kingin elokuvaa ainoastaan Johnny Depp <3 -faneille. (Suom. Salainen ikkuna)
½ March 11, 2015
Stumbled upon this by chance, but a really good film. Depp's character is typically mental, but the premise of a story within a story is brilliant. The first time you watch it as the tale unravels the viewer is taken aback wonderfully. A very decent film.
½ March 11, 2015
Pretty weak film interesting for Depp's perfomance and some mystery.
½ March 8, 2015
This was pretty good. Very well acted with attention to detail and stayed interesting through the entire movie. No sloppy ending either! Well done. Depp and Turturro were good together and Dutton wasn't bad either.
February 20, 2015
An exciting plot with man twists and turns.
February 8, 2015
This is a really creepy movie, which is just what I expected. I'm glad I watched it mid-day. The suspense is intense. Johnny Depp has some amazing bits, and John Turturro is out of the park spooky -- well-played. There are a few awkward moments, but eh... The ending is so strong that its easy to let go of those.
February 5, 2015
very entertaining and extremely well filmed