Secretariat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secretariat Reviews

August 16, 2016
"Secretariat" é um drama da Disney bem intencionado e funcional. Sem mais.
August 8, 2016
Seriously! Maybe I'm the conspiracy theorists, but it seems to me that anytime a movie has some sort of God/Bible reference the negative reviews start coming out of everyone on the professional side. This is solidly hand down a great movie with an excellent cast. Incredible! (Referring to all the haters)
½ July 14, 2016
A true story about a good horses race. People that like a true story and like horses you may like this. It was not my favorite it was just ok.
June 10, 2016
Secretariat is the greatest horse that ever lived!
June 8, 2016
Wow love this movie!
May 14, 2016

só fiquei me perguntando se algum dia a disney vai fazer um filme pas quiança (e pros adultos também) sobre gente que batalha-persiste-se-esforça e aí se fode no final do mesmo jeito, que né... é normalmente assim que a vida funciona, num é?
April 24, 2016
I had to see what all the fuss was about with this movie. And I saw it-this movie is very inspiring, touching and a great film about a horse named Secretariat aka Big Red. Loved it!
April 3, 2016
Very nice movie although I must say not as tense and well-written as Seabiscuit was.
March 11, 2016
Great movie, Diane Lane nailed the part, should have received an Oscar.
March 6, 2016
After Black Stallion and its sequel I swore I will never watch a film with running horses. But..... I did it again. Mainly because of Diane Lane and John Malkovich, cursing beautifully in french. The excitement of the competition and speed catches and even moves you but I think no more horse movies?
½ January 18, 2016
Saw this on 18/1/16
The horse racing is fabulously shot and rousing, but for most of the time, the movie squanders its subject with unnecessary family drama and too much human characters and too less of the horse in question. We see Secretariat only in the race tracks, all other time, it's just yet another horse. The film also fails from some rusty traditional touch and bad cheesy dialogue, however, the actors have done justice to their roles that its good to watch it even though its just yet another typical feel good movie.
November 30, 2015
Good movie. And the only way I'll ever get to a race track.
September 23, 2015
A well made drama/biopic that has a good cast and tells a good story. It's an inspirational movie and, in a way, a very good sports film. It's a must-see for horse fans and fans of spots films.
½ August 10, 2015
Gave it an extra half star just because it's about horses. Could not stand the main character and I think I'm realizing one reason I'm not much of a movie fan these days is because I do not care for the main characters! I didn't like how everything she said came to pass, I definitely cannot relate. She pretty much got everything she wanted. And I felt her character was way too over-exaggerated. The movie left me thinking that she was somewhat delusional, but happened to be lucky. Would've liked it to be a little more about the horse and less about Penny Chenery. Also sensed a definite feminist theme which I did not care for. I believe in equality.
½ July 23, 2015
Saw this a few years ago. Pretty clichéd and average. Nothing special outside of a few hot horsin' scenes!
June 27, 2015
Every time I watch it my heart still pounds with the same ferocity as the first time.
June 10, 2015
What a great story and a magnificent horse. Anyone who enjoys horse racing or an admiration for the sport needs to watch.
May 29, 2015
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to experience, but the characters are unlikeable, the dialogue wooden, and the overall structure is arid and predictable.
½ January 30, 2015
One of the most clichéd and stupid 'inspirational' films I have ever seen, packed with American moronisms and 'heartwarming one-liners', Malkovich has totally lost it with this one.
December 31, 2014
Such a great movie. Amazing job. Such a great story of what the underdog can do. Love John Malkovich in this movie.