Secretly, Greatly (Secretly and Greatly) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secretly, Greatly (Secretly and Greatly) Reviews

August 29, 2016
Great movie, good plot and necessary fanservice for a shipper
January 27, 2016
A desperate story with touching details. The contradicting feeling of a patriot who wants love just as everyone else.
½ September 25, 2015
Good story and cast but still, korean films lack sense of action sequence.
January 9, 2015
Kim soo hyun made me laugh to death.... I love this movie...
½ November 13, 2014
I was looking forward to watch ???? ???? and it was such a great to surprise to find it among my flight's movie options. So it was funny... cool... hmm... hmm.. what?... :O... noooo...
½ August 9, 2014
realism, full of non perceivers
½ July 31, 2014
If you're looking for a film with Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Hyun Woo, watch this...
Not only that, but you get to see how diverse Kim Soo Hyun's acting to it's full potential. I'm not a critic but I definitely enjoyed this, if I am to recommend a film consisting of conflict, comedy, tear-jerking drama, and hot koreans then... THIS IS IT.
April 13, 2014
A great, well made film which to me is confirmation that Korean cinema is truly world class. This movie starts out fairly light hearted and very funny at times, but by the end it turns into a gut wrenching, emotional film which lays bare the pain of Korean division and the emotionally horrific situation that the three spies face. The entire movie is very good to great in both parts, with great acting, directing, story, fight scenes, and the set. Its not solidly a 5 star movie, but it rounds to 5. Overall, a great film.
March 7, 2014
3/5 A fun movie until it get's dead serious and confusing at the end. Well, the subtitles were pretty bad too so that might have been some of the problem. Still a good movie.
March 6, 2014
just finished watching it...no girls no romance and it still managed to make me cry like a baby! great acting Kim so hyun siiii!
February 26, 2014
Absolutely love this movie! Kim Soo Hyun is an excellent actor and even though this movie broke my heart many times, it still finds ways to make me laugh and glued to the screen.
½ February 25, 2014
A slow steady anime-like film, that delves deep into our characters. The finale is definitely overdramatized, yet epic, to say the least. Very anime-like cinematography, with a sad ending. Brought a tear at a certain point :)
February 23, 2014
Kim Soo Hyun was amazing :) loved how it transitioned from funny and lighthearted to dark and heartwrenching. played ping pong with my feels. will rewatch.
½ January 15, 2014
It's droll, it's action packed, it's tragic, it's funny. and if it didn't a typical stupidly over dramatic Korean ending it'd be a great film. as it is... a flawed action tragi-comedy
January 7, 2014
This was at the NY Asian Film Festival.....but I didn't getto see it....Is it good?
½ November 25, 2013
First it's a comedy and then it turns to be an action movie. Forget the political action. All the rest are slightly touching and family love is a side topic but still have some special meaning here. Different emotions all mixed!
½ November 6, 2013
The movie drags on and on, not really focusing on the tone it want to set.
½ October 30, 2013
Too bad the ending is so naive in this day and age but I guess it's supposed to be that way. Overall, the story was pretty good, engaging the audience on the characters.
September 21, 2013
awesome casts, but i don't really like the story. kinda boring, although in the end it's really sad :'(
September 11, 2013
It looks like hybrids of everything. Sometimes it looks like a formal thriller; sometimes it looks like some action comedy genre from prime time HK Cinema; sometimes it looks like some US TV series like "Chuck"... well, not bad overall.