Secrets in the Walls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secrets in the Walls Reviews

December 29, 2015
Not bad for a tv movie but it was slightly predictable. Not entirely frightening, it was like watching a Goosebumps episode after a bottle of wine....Slightly more scary with a mushy ending that leaves a lot to be desired.
November 6, 2015
This is your classic ghost story with a well written story to back it up, this is a must for any horror fan!!
October 6, 2015
One of the biggest surprises that I had with a movie, This movie may be very generic and slow but it's actually well done and gave me a really good time. It is very realistic in parts and the horror parts were very good, the end maybe has a clishe but it didn't ruin my enjoyment at all, I really reccomend you this movie, it's very underrated I think.
½ March 10, 2015
Wow. This movie doesn't even try to be original. It essentially takes the plot of The Ring 1 & 2 minus the videotape/curse and uses it in a haunted house story. Predictable all the way through. It was amusing watching it because of its unoriginality though. As far as the acting, it was pretty bad except for the actress who played the youngest daughter and Kay Panabaker had some decent moments. Oh and of course there's a black woman friend who they bring in to "rid" the house.
½ January 30, 2015
A good solid horror movie. Not a block buster, but solid and good acting.
December 27, 2014
Creepy... The creepy kind that discourage you to by a house!
February 22, 2014
A very Made for TV feel to this and not a bit scary. It could have been a bit creepier.

The obvious tell tale signs are evident - dodgy estate agent, kid with 6th sense etc

nothing new
December 11, 2013
Not as bad as some people may say. Its a Lifetime TV Movie so you can not and should not expect some good stuff. But, it is quite a great movie to watch with your friends and just laugh your butt off at the cornball acting, stupid plot, and predictable jump scares. A good fun ride for anyone a fan of modern day B-Movies.
½ August 30, 2013
a bit predicatable, not so many scares
July 1, 2013
Pretty scary - better than most of the supernatural movies I have seen in the last few years.
January 19, 2013
a good movie but could have been so much better
½ March 11, 2012
A watchable, but pretty forgettable and innocuous little haunted house flick. Stars Jeri Ryan and a slew of other talented actors--I just wish the story itself had more ambition than simply walking us through the same old generic "Family Moves into New House, Ghost Appears before Each Family Member By Order of Age, from youngest to oldest, the house's horrific history is uncovered at the local library, and then the psychic/magic negro is called in.....it's a flow-chart, really.
March 10, 2012
Wasnt bad at all! Ive seen way worse. There were creepy moments but not any super scary or jump out of your seat moments. Decent flick
½ July 14, 2011
Honestly, it was like poltergeist and a disney movie rolled into one. It has a couple corny parts, but it is still the scariest PG movie I have ever seen.
½ April 9, 2011
Actually really enjoyed this film. A little predictable, but easy watch for a thriller
½ March 18, 2011
WINNING like Charlie Sheen. Superior acting, gripping script, i could barely close my eyes long enough to blink. Had to hold my breath through the 15 minute commercial breaks though.
October 30, 2010
Whoa, no one really reviewed this.

This family of three (Mom, older daughter, young daughter) had moved into this house, after the mom and dad divorced. When they got there, they looked around to see which rooms would be theirs. Of course, like in most haunted house movies, someone is bound to pick the room that's quite far from the rest of the rooms. Guess who the lucky winner of that room was? Times up, it was the older daughter. Anyway, the young daughter gets a creepy vibe from that room, but the others are like, "Okay, whatever". Anyway, in the beginning the young daughter runs up to her moms bathroom(Mom and daughter have rooms upstairs) alone. She was really really aprehensive about being up there. So she goes up there...and BOOM she runs into a really sad woman(who is dead) She freaks the eff out and runs to tell her mom.....but like all non believers; her mom "SURPRISINGLY" doesn't believe her. Yada yada yada, later on they then start to believe that there is actually a ghost living there. Turns out a skeleton was in the wall, hence the title. A 17 year old girl was murdered by her husband in the 50's. Well anyway, the older daughter's body is taken over by the ghost, but later on gets her body back. The family moves.

It was a good movie, I'll say. Not....dumb....but good. :/
October 24, 2010
I would have loved it if a storm didn't come up and wipe out the most important part to the story Thanks to DirectTV