Seducing Doctor Lewis (La grande séduction) Reviews

• Aug 21, 2018

Mildly entertaining feelgood comedy is nicely made with a colorful cast of characters, but emanates the impression one has seen this all once before.

• Mar 03, 2015

The story makes sense as long as we believe how people can be suckers sometimes. Rather plaisant play. The game reach absurd levels enough to tickled the sides a few times. Sympathetic ensemble in a beautiful environment.

• Mar 03, 2015

• Nov 20, 2014

Had to watch this for French class. It had its funny moments, but overall it was just average

• May 21, 2014

Drôle, émouvant et une bonne réflexion sur les villages qui se meurent.

Drôle, émouvant et une bonne réflexion sur les villages qui se meurent.

• Apr 23, 2014

One of the best comedy I have seen lately....great movie...

One of the best comedy I have seen lately....great movie...

• Jun 22, 2012

Funny, heartwarming and touching, it is one of the best french comedies to have come out in a long time.

• May 24, 2012

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] Funny and charming.

• Nov 16, 2011

One of the greatest francophone movie ever!

One of the greatest francophone movie ever!

• Daniel P Super Reviewer
    Aug 29, 2011

Charming Québecois film that I thank the Toronto Public Library for stocking. (Note to all non-Torontonians: our current mayor is trying to privatize our library system, or if not that, then cut out its heart. I'm not sure that I would ever discover under-marketed Canadian films without our library system, which would be a shame because they only rarely disappoint.) So, about this movie itself: a very small, remote community is trying to land a factory, but the owners won't move there without there being a doctor in town. When the mayor packs up and leaves under cover of night, a local man attempts to convince the townspeople to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and show the newly arrived Dr. Lewis - exiled there as community service for a misdemeanour - the beauty and charm of small-town life. The ending is a little tidy for me, but overall it's a pleasure to watch. A movie you won't be sorry to have seen, if you can manage to track it down - check your local library first!