See Girl Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

See Girl Run Reviews

½ November 29, 2015
There's nothing exceptionally nice about this mediocre romcom. In fact it's hardly watchable to be fairly honest.
½ September 28, 2015
A total waste of time.
January 21, 2015
Monday, September 22, 2014

(2013) See Girl Run
DRAMA/ ROMANCE/ COMEDY

Written and directed by Nate Meyer- a pointless movie that doesn't go nowhere, starring Robin Tunney as Emmie who works at a dog facility shelter centre her husband owns that looks after and grooms other peoples dogs called "See Spot Run"- get it, which is similar to the movie's title. And by the time Emmie comes home, her husband apparently doesn't appear to be drawn into her as he once was. Motivating her to consider on going back to revisit her childhood neighborhood again on some small town near Seattle, Washington from NYC. Viewers are then subjected to many pointless back and forth scenes of Jason(Adam Scott) and Emmie's current lives. As we see Emmie's old high school crush Jason, who works in a mediocre6 job, and at the same time unhappy with his current girlfriend, we're also seeing Emmie's unhappy situation as well as she looks at some of the things her old boyfriend used to give her "before" she was even married. Jason seems to get a percentage of his money from drawing only 'toads", as he sells them to bars and establishments around the small town area. You know for a guy who has that much talent, viewers are left wondering how come 'toads' are the only thing he draws? And why is it he doesn't try to sell them on-line for instance, for it could be that the film is supposed to be old fashion. And it was at this point, the Jason character begins to act so pitiful that he's beginning to look like a total disgrace to all men.

1/2 star out of 4
June 15, 2014
I can't remember the last time I had such mixed feelings about a movie. Taken as a whole, I actually really appreciate the story told here; yet the execution could have been so much better. See Girl Run tells the story of Emmie Barker, a married woman in her thirties as she reflects on all the "what ifs" in her life - particularly, the question of, "What if I had stayed with my old boyfriend Jason?" (whom she claims she never technically broke up with). And so the audience watches as she leaves her husband for several days to delve into her romantic history. What follows is initially a pretty good film, until the movie reaches its third act. For the entire movie, we are following Emmie (played by Robin Tunney) and her High School sweetheart Jason (brilliantly played by Adam Scott) as they go about their lives, Emmie reconnecting with her brother and Jason slowly starting to connect with Emmie's brother - and for me, I started to sympathize with Jason quite a bit. So when in the end they don't end up getting back together, I was initially quite shocked; we, the audience, get to know Jason and really see his life and get to know and like his character, whereas we never really see or hear from Emmie's husband except for at the very beginning of the film. As a result, when Jason is turned down, it just doesn't feel right - there is no emotional payoff, only an emotional letdown. I guess on paper, this movie makes sense, and I really did enjoy a lot of it, but See Girl Run is a prime example of a mediocre movie with occasional moments of excellence.
January 4, 2014
boring, so boring! what you want to happen in the end, doesnt happen.
½ October 29, 2013
Tired theme, average acting.
½ October 9, 2013
This is a really genuine film, I enjoyed it from start to finish, One of those unknown gems, I say SEE IT!!!
½ September 29, 2013
Predictable "Indie Movie" cliche that manages to preserve itself thanks to two solid and charismatic performances by Adam Scott and Jeremy Strong. Robin Tunney is a gifted actress but it is hard to identify with her character's self-indulgent feelings and actions that, in the end, can only be coined as "human cruelty" -- Nate Meyer's film attempts to be an insightful look into the 30-something generation just feels tired and all too familiar. This film has been made several times and far better. A true waste of Scott, Strong and Tunney.
September 15, 2013
A movie about real life love and the choices that come along with that. Sometimes you'll be faced with a situation where you can choose to stay with the person you love, or leave them. And sometimes this means taking time by yourself to decide what you want. The choice is yours, and yours alone.
½ September 14, 2013
Very trendy subject matter. but robin Tunney handles her part well.
½ September 9, 2013
Mediocre romantic movie that had some truths about the changes that take place in marriage, but was rather slow and dull in saying it.
½ September 7, 2013
See Girl Run is a movie about "what if's", specifically if your first love or high school sweetheart is the one you were meant to be with after you graduate and move into real life. I think everyone has thought of it at some point in their lives when life doesn't turn out how you thought it would and you wonder if it would have been better if you stayed with your first love somehow. The reality is that neither of you are the same people you were back then and the message is about evolving your expectations and remembering why you fell in love with the person you're with. In a true Hollywood RomCom Emma's husband would have cheated on her or abused her or something and she would have ended up with her high school boyfriend who she's truly meant to be with and there would be fireworks or it would start snowing or something at the end and we all assume happily ever after even though he's a frog artist who lives off his dad and I'm sure he still would leave the bathroom door open after he poops.
August 30, 2013
This is an imperfect film that, nonetheless, strikes a place inside of us that rings very true; we understand it, we get it.
But, we could have done without the ring shot at the end. I am a sentimental woman, but that bit just annoyed me. Writers and directors and artists of all kinds, often have a really hard time trusting the rest of us. Go figure.
½ August 27, 2013
I can relate to this movie almost to the tee.. except I'm a guy and chose the same path as Emmie. I feel for Jason because I think he would have made her even more happier because of his persistance and overall qualities you don't see in a person. A guy like that doesn't come along just any day who knows how to treat a lady with detail. I'm sure she would have been much happier with him but in the end I feel she chose to follow a falling love and committment rather than give it her all to be extremely happy. The movie doesn't discuss the exact details as to how she fell out of love with her husband even though the guy was in general a good guy. Like me she chose committment and to wait if she could once see her husband in that same light but in real life this doesn't happen. I feel the movie should have given more details as to how she got into the state she was in. Jason went all out.. poor guy.... deserved her to bad!
August 26, 2013
It's not that funny, not that sad, or not extreme in anyway. It simply gets the point across of how important words of affirmation and "DTR" are when it comes to relationships.
August 6, 2013
live it love it breath it
May 22, 2013
amazing romantic in last 10 minutes. i was like had ton of tears!
May 2, 2013
Is this all a metaphore?
½ April 30, 2013
The main character lives in a hypocritical world with all the assets a person would normally not have like her own business, a lovely childhood with parents that still live together and welcome her returning back home in her 40somethings. However they try to put some abnormal factors into the movie like her alcoholic and depressed brother and a 'crazy' grandmother (if crazy means to appear two times in the move and both times it is really late and she looks like she is on drugs but it turns out that she is in love). The worst part is the still in love 'ex'boyfriend who is everything a 16 year old girl can dream about but they passed that age by far and he somehow stopped maturing. A good movie if you are in a VERY melancholic mood and if you enjoy debating over the meaningless stereotypical protagonists.
April 28, 2013
bissi fad, aber sehr wahr