See Girl Run Reviews

• Apr 10, 2017

I'm not sure why the ratings were so low, but I thought the film was brilliant... a real deep look into the complexities of love, marriage & depression... stripped down to it's naked essence... just the raw emotion.

• Nov 29, 2015

There's nothing exceptionally nice about this mediocre romcom. In fact it's hardly watchable to be fairly honest.

• Sep 28, 2015

A total waste of time.

A total waste of time.

• Sep 22, 2014

Monday, September 22, 2014 (2013) See Girl Run DRAMA/ ROMANCE/ COMEDY Written and directed by Nate Meyer- a pointless movie that doesn't go nowhere, starring Robin Tunney as Emmie who works at a dog facility shelter centre her husband owns that looks after and grooms other peoples dogs called "See Spot Run"- get it, which is similar to the movie's title. And by the time Emmie comes home, her husband apparently doesn't appear to be drawn into her as he once was. Motivating her to consider on going back to revisit her childhood neighborhood again on some small town near Seattle, Washington from NYC. Viewers are then subjected to many pointless back and forth scenes of Jason(Adam Scott) and Emmie's current lives. As we see Emmie's old high school crush Jason, who works in a mediocre6 job, and at the same time unhappy with his current girlfriend, we're also seeing Emmie's unhappy situation as well as she looks at some of the things her old boyfriend used to give her "before" she was even married. Jason seems to get a percentage of his money from drawing only 'toads", as he sells them to bars and establishments around the small town area. You know for a guy who has that much talent, viewers are left wondering how come 'toads' are the only thing he draws? And why is it he doesn't try to sell them on-line for instance, for it could be that the film is supposed to be old fashion. And it was at this point, the Jason character begins to act so pitiful that he's beginning to look like a total disgrace to all men. 1/2 star out of 4

• Jun 15, 2014

I can't remember the last time I had such mixed feelings about a movie. Taken as a whole, I actually really appreciate the story told here; yet the execution could have been so much better. See Girl Run tells the story of Emmie Barker, a married woman in her thirties as she reflects on all the "what ifs" in her life - particularly, the question of, "What if I had stayed with my old boyfriend Jason?" (whom she claims she never technically broke up with). And so the audience watches as she leaves her husband for several days to delve into her romantic history. What follows is initially a pretty good film, until the movie reaches its third act. For the entire movie, we are following Emmie (played by Robin Tunney) and her High School sweetheart Jason (brilliantly played by Adam Scott) as they go about their lives, Emmie reconnecting with her brother and Jason slowly starting to connect with Emmie's brother - and for me, I started to sympathize with Jason quite a bit. So when in the end they don't end up getting back together, I was initially quite shocked; we, the audience, get to know Jason and really see his life and get to know and like his character, whereas we never really see or hear from Emmie's husband except for at the very beginning of the film. As a result, when Jason is turned down, it just doesn't feel right - there is no emotional payoff, only an emotional letdown. I guess on paper, this movie makes sense, and I really did enjoy a lot of it, but See Girl Run is a prime example of a mediocre movie with occasional moments of excellence.

• Jan 04, 2014

boring, so boring! what you want to happen in the end, doesnt happen.

boring, so boring! what you want to happen in the end, doesnt happen.

• Oct 29, 2013

Tired theme, average acting.

Tired theme, average acting.

• Oct 09, 2013

This is a really genuine film, I enjoyed it from start to finish, One of those unknown gems, I say SEE IT!!!

• Sep 29, 2013

Predictable "Indie Movie" cliche that manages to preserve itself thanks to two solid and charismatic performances by Adam Scott and Jeremy Strong. Robin Tunney is a gifted actress but it is hard to identify with her character's self-indulgent feelings and actions that, in the end, can only be coined as "human cruelty" -- Nate Meyer's film attempts to be an insightful look into the 30-something generation just feels tired and all too familiar. This film has been made several times and far better. A true waste of Scott, Strong and Tunney.

• Sep 15, 2013

A movie about real life love and the choices that come along with that. Sometimes you'll be faced with a situation where you can choose to stay with the person you love, or leave them. And sometimes this means taking time by yourself to decide what you want. The choice is yours, and yours alone.