Seedpeople - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seedpeople Reviews

April 22, 2016
A huge rip off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but it does have its moments. The cheesy B-movie horror keeps it interesting. Without that Seedpeople would have been a waste of time.
March 20, 2016
Fun but dumb low budget nonsense.
July 10, 2015
Probably the best movie known to man, a stunning thriller with the most original ideas.
½ January 7, 2015
I thought I would like it more for nostalgic reasons (I used to like this movie when I was really young and new to horror movies), but no... I was stupid and this movie is terrible. It's a basic cheap-o ripoff of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. You expect so-bad-it's-good, but no. It's dull, forgettable, and I pretty much hated it. I could write plenty about why it sucks, including the terrible effects, ripoff script, and hammy acting, but why bother? Who even remembers this crap? Why am I still writing? Stay away from this movie.
½ February 1, 2014
Fun creature effects, dull story, boring characters, and horrible pacing. There isn't a lot that happens, and it's mostly attack after attack followed by mediocre dialog and plot. The monsters look neat, but otherwise, it's a dud.
March 26, 2013
Another low-budget, B-movie horror film. Not atrociously bad, but not "so bad it's good" either. The effects are horrid. The alien plants look like they're paper-mache with crepe paper for limbs. The acting is okay for the most part; I like Andrea Roth in most of her roles. The story is too reminiscent of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Can't say I enjoyed it.
½ December 28, 2010
Seedpeople is one of those Full Moon films that just makes you laugh. A take off of the Invasion of the Bodysnatchers films, Seedpeople has some of the funniest creature designs I've seen in a long time. The monsters look like an egg shapped midget, a flying spider and a crazy version of one of the monsters from Critters.
Like most B movies of this type, the story is filled with bizarred science and crazy solutions. Apparently these plant like beings don't like ultraviolet light. I could go on and on about how that comes off as hilarious but I'm sure you can figure things out yourself.
Fans of big budget films can pass this puppy up without any worry but fans of the low budget should check this one out... it's quite a treat.
½ September 2, 2010
I can't really bitch too much about a movie called Seedpeople. With that title and poster artwork you gotta know that you're going into a cheesy monster movie. The question is how cheesy and does it transcends into the "so bad it's good" category. Well, it's close, but it's just a seedling away.

The film not surprisingly is a complete rip-off of Invasion of the Body Snatchers (pick which ever version you want) about some comets (that end up being giant seeds) that crash lands near a small town. The alien seeds which begin to sprout into large flowers that have pulsating "vagina" like parts that spew gallons "semen" all over unlucky folks that come near them. I'm not kidding as the special effects guys went all out to make this thing look sexual, so much that the "semen" spewing actually made me a little nauseous. After getting hit with the white goo, people emerge as little fanged monsters that have the incredible ability to morph from human to monster in a split second (what I don't get is when they morph into humans they somehow also morph into clothes). A geologist comes to town to study the meteors finds the comets to be seeds and a young girl at the bed and breakfest he's staying at starts noticing changes in local townfolk. Soon he catches on and he has to stop the spread of the seeds before they...dun, dun, dunnn.... TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Everything cliché about monster movies and paranoia is thrown in here. We even get the predicable love triangle aspect! The film also rips off Invasion of the Body Snatchers so much that it even has the people taken over show NO emotion. COME ON! You might as well called it BODY SNATCHERS CASH-IN for Christ sake! Our little fanged monsters are also each unique and with names to match: Shooter, Tumbler, and Sailor. This is no doubt a marketing campaign by producer Charles Band to maybe try to sell some merchandise like his other films. Sadly Seedpeople wasn't that popular even with the Full Moon Entertainment crowd so no merchandise or sequels would follow.

This is hokey beyond belief but sadly it just doesn't quit transcend that barrier of "so bad, it's good" category and it just ends up being bad. I still didn't find it a waste of time as it does entertain just enough to keep attention but I only recommend this feature to the most die hard Charles Band/Full Moon fanatic. A definite step below director Peter Manoogian's earlier schlocky classic Demonic Toys.
October 4, 2009
loved this movie. yea it maybe like another invasion of the body snatchers or puppetmasters but it's still really good
December 27, 2008
i remember this one. pretty scary when i was 10, but i am sure it`s hilarious now. i had a vhs copy of it back in the day, but i gave it the fuck away. the regret sinks in.
December 26, 2008
In another Full Moon "classic" (and I use that term loosely), the Seedpeople combines elements of The Ruins, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and Critters. As far as believability and how well this movie was made, I'd say it's on the same level as Critters 3. A state Geologist comes back to his old hick town just in time for an invasion of seed aliens. After being stowed away in giant seeds, the aliens blossom into plants, and try to pollinate with any passerby humans. As time progresses, more and more humans are "turned" and it's up to a few people to try and save the day. Yeah, this movie is totally a Cheesy B, but it manages to deliver. People use to think these were the bad films of the 90's, but clearly, they had no idea what kind of "low-budget horror" would come out in present day. Not bad for its time, with decent creature effects by John Carl Buehler, though I would say the visual effects (which are barely used in this, and for good reason) are utterly atrocious. It's got a bunch of no name actors for the most part, but them manage to get the job done. Not bad.
½ October 13, 2004
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][b][u]Seedpeople (1992)[/u][/b][/size][/font] :rotten: :rotten: :rotten: :confused: :eek: :eek: [/center]

[indent][font=Comic Sans MS]"[i][b]Plants are the most cunning and vicious of all life forms [/b][/i]", informs one dopey would-be victim in [b]Seedpeople[/b], a silly, flaccid remake of [b]Invasion of the Bodysnatchers[/b], [b]Day of the Triffids[/b], and about a thousand udder moovies. [/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS]And why are seeds moore dangerous than plants, one might ask? Because, according to the same dolt, "[i][b][u]seeds can chase us [/u][/b][/i]". [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][b]:=8/[/b][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Yes, I can remember one horrifying incident when the MooCow was just a calf, being chased all the way home from school by ravenous dandylion seed... Yeah, right. [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]So just what in the ding-dong-heckamadoodle (to quote an-udder doltish character)is going on here in the small town of Comet Valley? Well, it would appear that [i]seedy plant monsters have landed from outer space[/i] and have proceeded to kill people and/or turn them into zombies.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Unfortunately, the "monsters" in this seedy little turkey kind of look like [b]shaggy little muppets[/b], some of which roll around like evil tumbleweeds, others which [u]sail about on strings[/u]. An-udder "special" fx includes a shower of popcorn. Folks, there's not even the tiniest remote inkling of terror or suspense to be found in this stunningly stupid flick. [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Oh, and for reasons best left unexplained, the evil tumbleweeds are knocked out by 50 volt ultra-violet lights, even though they can [i]walk about in the daylight, which has about 1,000,000,000,000 times more uv energy. [/i][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Can you see where the MooCow is going here, folks: not much thought or effort was put into this cow flop. You'd be better off weeding yer garden instead of wasting your photosynthesis here. The MooCow has said it before and he'll say it again: [u]beware Charles Band and Full Moon Videos!!!![/u] (see [b]Head of the Family [/b]review)[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][b][size=4]:=8P[/size][/b] [/font]