Semi-Pro - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Semi-Pro Reviews

½ November 13, 2015
There are always one or two funny moments in Farrell's work but here that really is it.
½ October 24, 2015
Anchorman plays basketball...without funny jokes and lame slapstick.
September 6, 2015
There was effort put into it, I'll give it that: and there are a few laughs but it's still one of Ferrell's weakest films. He seems to shine only under the direction of Adam Mckay
September 6, 2015
kinda dissapointing...bring on Step brothers!
July 17, 2015
There were scenes that made me laugh but the overall movie itself was not that great. Some things were predictable to see either from the commercial or just the plot itself. In the end it was a pretty funny movie and it wasn't great but it wasn't bad, an inbetweeny lol.
June 14, 2015
OK - this is not a movie designed to be showcased at Cannes or win an Academy Award. It is a sports comedy - that simple. You should always ask yourself when reviewing a movie designated to a specific audience if it did its job of doing so. If your intended audience is 70's nostalgic, Will Ferrell fans who are old enough to remember the ABA and love basketball - then YES! The movie does a great job of ripping on small market/minor sports media. Certainly not Will Ferrell's best movie - but definitely not his worst.
May 17, 2015
Funny, fucking funny!!!!! Love me sexy
May 16, 2015
Although I laughed many times, I couldn't help, but feel dissappointed at the end of the film. This is basically all of Will Ferrell's previous movies put together in one. I will probably care not to watch this one again.
½ May 11, 2015
very funny and creative. had some misses and boring parts but still a great movie overall. lots of small roles from people who later became famous (4 viewings)
April 12, 2015
Not sure. Ferrel is hit or miss for me.
April 1, 2015
Jackie Moon, Coffee Black and the whole crew deliver laughs
March 30, 2015
One of those movies where not a single joke works, Semi-Pro is a dull, lazy, and forgettable comedy that is worst of all... not funny.
March 26, 2015
Love this movie. super funny. You don't hear to much about this flick...but it's pretty awesome.
½ February 27, 2015
I will always remember the jejunum scene. There are some pretty comical parts in this movie. Worth the watch if you aren't a will ferrel hater.
½ February 10, 2015
Forgettable, instantly
January 23, 2015
Just good enough ...Not great . SOMDVD
January 12, 2015
Why is this jerk-weed still making movies?
January 12, 2015
Why is this jerk-weed still making movies?
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Will Ferrell can be pretty funny sometimes but many of his movies arent really that great. This movie is just decent with only a few funny scenes like the bear sequence. Hopefully he will end up in a better story / scripted flick in the future and then it will be a big hit for sure. Anyway i will recommend this for Ferrell fans or if u just want a fairly comedy.
½ January 1, 2015
"Fuck Spamoni!" Will Ferrell is back as Jackie Moon in a film about trying to get NBA status from the worst ABA team. the R rating helped to step it up a bit, but ultimately it's not as memorable as Old School, Anchorman, or Talladega Nights. C