Semi-Pro - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Semi-Pro Reviews

May 17, 2015
Funny, fucking funny!!!!! Love me sexy
May 16, 2015
Although I laughed many times, I couldn't help, but feel dissappointed at the end of the film. This is basically all of Will Ferrell's previous movies put together in one. I will probably care not to watch this one again.
½ May 11, 2015
very funny and creative. had some misses and boring parts but still a great movie overall. lots of small roles from people who later became famous (4 viewings)
April 12, 2015
Not sure. Ferrel is hit or miss for me.
April 1, 2015
Jackie Moon, Coffee Black and the whole crew deliver laughs
March 30, 2015
One of those movies where not a single joke works, Semi-Pro is a dull, lazy, and forgettable comedy that is worst of all... not funny.
March 26, 2015
Love this movie. super funny. You don't hear to much about this flick...but it's pretty awesome.
½ February 27, 2015
I will always remember the jejunum scene. There are some pretty comical parts in this movie. Worth the watch if you aren't a will ferrel hater.
½ February 10, 2015
Forgettable, instantly
January 23, 2015
Just good enough ...Not great . SOMDVD
January 12, 2015
Why is this jerk-weed still making movies?
January 12, 2015
Why is this jerk-weed still making movies?
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Will Ferrell can be pretty funny sometimes but many of his movies arent really that great. This movie is just decent with only a few funny scenes like the bear sequence. Hopefully he will end up in a better story / scripted flick in the future and then it will be a big hit for sure. Anyway i will recommend this for Ferrell fans or if u just want a fairly comedy.
½ January 1, 2015
"Fuck Spamoni!" Will Ferrell is back as Jackie Moon in a film about trying to get NBA status from the worst ABA team. the R rating helped to step it up a bit, but ultimately it's not as memorable as Old School, Anchorman, or Talladega Nights. C
December 15, 2014
Such a dull wooden comedy and probably Will Ferrell's worst movie, in my opinion. About everything falls flat. The characters, directing, writing, acting, and story. From beginning to end, I was hoping to laugh a lot and get into the characters, but I never did. The entire cast is wasted in this mediocre and laugh-free script. The supporting cast is full of cookie-cutter and dull characters and not one of them ever stands out. Woody Harrelson is a talented actor and has proved that before this film, but here he looks bored and he looks like he would rather be somewhere else. Andre Benjamin is one-note in every scene he is in. He always looked like he was upset and bored about everything happening around him, his character was just really unlikable and devoid of any charm. The little subplot with Woody Harrelson and Maura Tierney was just boring, it went nowhere, and it added zero enjoyment to the film. My only positive with the movie was that I thought Will Ferrell tried with the mediocre material that he was given and he was only semi-funny.
December 3, 2014
I mean, it was good enough I think.
October 13, 2014
Another hilarious comedy staring Will Ferrell that has him owner, head coach and star player of the Flint Tropics. In order for them to merge into the NBA they have to finish fourth in their division. Will Ferrell as always brings everything he has in terms of comedy because this movie is flat out hillarious. There is some good sports style action there as well and some pretty groovy songs from the seventies. I think fans of Will Ferrell will find nothing new here besides the fact that your laugh your head off each time you watch him and his hillarious antics. The other cast members werè fantastic as well but Ferrell was the main comedic star here. Fans of basketball and Will Ferrell are in for a real treat when they watch this movie.
½ October 9, 2014
I didn't think this was as bad as people said. It seems like any other silly Will Ferrell movie.
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ August 17, 2014
A misfire. The outfits are funny, and Andrew Daly really stands out in a small role, but most of the humour seems curiously missing and there are two dreadful scenes, one of which involving an incestuous brother that I had to fast forward. This movie made it clear Will Ferrell's sports movies ran out of gas, at least for the time being.