Sentenciados Reviews

• Jun 21, 2010

Sentenciados is a joke for a movie but the joke's on the viewer. Whether you like or detest this movie depends on whether you like April fool's jokes or not. I'm a fan of the Mexican actor, Armando Hernandez (not one of his best roles) but it's worth it for me to watch this junk movie. The movie is basically a spoof of "The Treasure of Sierra Madre"-- despicable characters looking for treasure in Mexico. The movie is told as a fable by Hernandez while hitchhiking. Or is it? We're supposed to be entertained by eight characters. A woman manager and her singer husband, two worthless men acting as cops, two beautiful girls on drugs, and Hernandez and his friend (an excellent Alan Ciangherotti). All these characters meet in some way and all cross paths with the treasure. Despite the warning that "keeping the money will bring you to an early death" they all show their greed. The title refers to their demises. Not very funny and the screenplay is juvenile.