September Tapes Reviews

• Sep 06, 2012

I was so interesting to watch this movie, after i got it from the video store. I was wondering, is it really true documentary? I mean, the actors was there, in that situation. Then why there's the credits? I'm confusing. But after i watched this, i touched, how brave he came to the war zone, withut anyone know him except his guider, and it was so sad his guider and the cameramen died. They all died. I really touched. U have to see this, if u like documentary movie.

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Apr 04, 2012

An interesting idea, but it is delivered in that fake documentary, shakey, hand-held video camera style. Good footage of the Afghanistan/Pakistan countryside, and some pretty good combat scenes...but the entire reason that he was supposed to be there was lost to me. Had he lost his mind? All he really accomplished was to be the cause of more senseless killings. I have to say, though, that I was left with a sickened feeling after watching this..even knowing all along that it wasn't real.

Post 9/11 propaganda.

Post 9/11 propaganda.

• Apr 04, 2012

One of my favorite movies of all time believe it or not. This movie draws you in from the beginning, and since it is films on location in the Middle East, you find yourself forgetting that it is a mockumentary and not a documentary. Mocku/Documentaries are my favorite genre, and this is one of the best.. When I go to rent a movie I intentionally skip past the major titles to the bottom shelf to find gems like this..

• Apr 04, 2012

[img]http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/first_look_pictures/september_tapes/september1.jpg[/img] September Tapes is a film that claims to be a documentary to sucker you in, but instead is a poorly acted, unrealistic movie that takes advantage of a very serious event. When September 11th happened, I know everyone who had a soul in The US was deeply saddened and wanted nothing more then to catch the horrible people who took 3,000 innocent lives. In this "documentary," filmmaker Don Larsen, who in real life is George Calil, is on a mission to hunt down Osama Bin Laden with a translator/guide, and a 16 year old cameraman. Only this "documentary" doesn't even border reality. Somehow, these three men are the only Westerners to make it as far as they have come, and throughout the film we see them act as soldiers themselves as they try and shoot down Afghani rebels to get to their ultimate goal of tracking down Osami Bin Laden. It gets to the point where Larsen actually has a camera in one hand, and is shooting with the other, making it look more like a first-person shooter video game, then an expedition to try and get some answers on the whereabouts of Bin Laden. 9/11 is a very drastic event that should be taken pretty seriously and the last thing I want are some C-rate actors making a mochary of it to make some money. I'm sure their intention wasn't to piss people off, but the fact that they claim for the film to be a documentary when it really isn't, makes September Tapes a shitty war version of [i]The Blair Witch Project, [/i]and frankly, I'm not impressed.

• Apr 04, 2012

It's the Blair witch project meets the war on terror. An American journalist travels to Afghanistan one year after the 9/11 attacks to find the real answers on how the war on terror is going and to get close to Osama bin Laden. The film felt very real and had a high level of tension that keeps building until the final frame.

SEPTEMBER TAPES (2004)

SEPTEMBER TAPES (2004)

• Apr 04, 2012

[size=6][color=black]september tapes[/color][/size] i dont understand why the critics hated this movie ,i loved it it wasn't bad it was really quite entertaining ,rent it if you see it at the video store ,the end is what makes the movie

• Apr 04, 2012

IT TRIES AND ALMOST SUCCEEDS, BUT I JUST DIDN'T BUY IT.

IT TRIES AND ALMOST SUCCEEDS, BUT I JUST DIDN'T BUY IT.

• Apr 04, 2012

[b]DVD[/b] First Viewing, 1 Johnston film seen Christian Johnston was interviewed about his film [i]September Tapes[/i] on cable news back around the time of its theatrical release. I was amazed at how much the anchors were not allowing him to speak. Basically, he was able to provide viewers with a brief synopsis of his film along with a few seconds of how they made it. He was constantly interrupted and couldn't really finish a complete thought (aka a sentence). Because of this mishap, I was really looking forward to his film. I thought he would offer some insight into the war on terror. But that's not what I got. What I got was [i]The Blair Witch Project[/i] starring Antonio Sabato, Jr. The main character is this macho American guy who illegally travels to Afghanistan to personally track down the terrorists who caused the American phenomenon known as 9/11. He is a typical American guy - putting his balls on the line instead of his brain. He won't admit that the terrorists could have any possible reasons for committing the actions they did. It sounds semi-interesting, I know. That's why I rented it. It is filmed much like [i]The Blair Witch Project[/i], claiming to be a documentary but is indeed staged. The voice-over is rather annoying, and although the characters may represent the American image, they were too annoying to actually watch. It's a shame, because a film like this could have reached a larger audience if it weren't so hard to watch.