Serving Sara - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Serving Sara Reviews

½ May 23, 2012
The only really good thing about this movies...Elizabeth Hurley in a short skirt.
½ April 30, 2012
Yes Matthew Perry was funny and enjoyable in this movie, but honestly the lack of romance and the poor acting performance from Elizabeth Hurley really makes this movie kind of a drag. When I watch this movie I can see Matthew Perry is really giving it his all, but the movie just doesn't work and the reason for that is because this movie is way too cliched, horribly written and not at all romantic and it's suppose to be a Romantic Comedy. I was honestly going to rate this movie a much lower rating but since Matthew Perry gave it his all I'll give this movie some slack.
½ April 23, 2012
Perry is funny but some of it is obviously forced. Hurley is gorgeous. Pretty bad movie. Amy Adams is also very hot in this (in one of her first roles)
½ April 22, 2012
matthew perry enough said
March 22, 2012
easy flowing. but not too romantic n funny.
½ March 13, 2012
Romantic comedy ought to have some romance and laughs, but this extraordinarily flat effort has neither. Matthew Perry did an average job and looked disinterested while Elizabeth Hurley looked good but god she can not act!
February 25, 2012
Amy Adams, Liz Hurley . Terry Crews all made the movie very likeable
½ February 2, 2012
Riddled with plot holes, but still fun to watch...
December 19, 2011
wasn't a "GREAT" movie, but - it was definitely good! Matthew Perry's easy to love in this one, and honestly, what do i have to say about Liz? lol. Matthew Perry plays a process server, who serves people with court papers and all that. He's also an aspiring Wine maker, who wants to get out of the process business, and start up a wine company in the Vineyard. He gets contracted to serve Sara with divorce papers, from her husband, a rich Texas guy. While in the midst of that, Sara comes up with a proposition for Matthew - to serve her husband first, so she can get money...blah blah blah. And, of course, Matthew falls for Liz's character.

Most of the movie is pretty predictable. I thought Cedric was gonna be a little funnier in the movie than he was. And, Matthew was a little...dry sometimes. Kind of like his "Friends" character, Chandler.

Liz comes off as a gold digger in this one, and really not so funny either. More eye candy though.

Not really a "Must" - but, if you're bored enough to watch it - go for it! Not the usual romantic comedy though.
December 18, 2011
This movie could have been much better than it was. I blame bad direction and the casting of Matthew Perry in the lead. It had great potential with a clever plot and little used story topic. However the lack of likeability for the characters, nonexistent chemistry between the leads, and absence of laughs in a romantic comedy lead me to only give this 2 stars. I really like Amy Adams, Bruce Campbell and even Elizabeth Hurley but this they were completely under-utilized. Kind of a waste.
½ November 22, 2011
my second favorite movie... next to twilight....
actually ive never seen this...
½ November 14, 2011

I thought this movie is enjoyable because of these two talented actors and their good chemistry. Although this was set to be a great movie, it wasn't nearly as good as I'd expected it to be. It's sad because the story has much more potential.
Naughtia
½ November 14, 2011
Serving Sara is a very easy going and charming movie. The two leading roles are played wonderfully by Matthew Perry and Elizabeth Hurley. Joe is a process server who meets Sara when he delivers divorce papers to her. Sara is chocked to know that her husband wants a divorce because she thought they were happily married. The papers say that she is about to lose everything in the divorce and she does not want to let that happen. I thought this movie is enjoyable because of these two talented actors and their good chemistry. Allthough this was set to be a great movie, it wasn't nearly as good as I'd expected it to be. It's sad because the story has much more potential.
½ September 26, 2011
Why did I even bother seeing this at the movie theater? I must have been thinking that this was comedy GOLD or something....more like TIN.
½ September 23, 2011
macar a facut fericit un taur
July 17, 2011
A nonsense rom-com that's very little rom and com. Even the likable and entertaining cast can't redeem the wild and flawed writing.

A process server, Joe, is hired to catch and serve the wife of a wealthy business man for devorce. But when an offer of a million dollars is on the table, Joe goes to wild and extreme lengths to serve Sara's husband instead AND protect Sara from being served by his rival competitor. Matthew Perry is witty as always, it's always a delight to see Elizabeth Hurley, Amy Adams is a great, and who doesn't love Bruce Campbell? Those are 4 good reasons to watch this movie, but the writing leads them nowhere. Even this great cast can't get it right. The plot is implossible, and the team of Perry and Hurley have no chemestry, both romantic and comedic. It's amusing watching these characters get into unexpected mishaps, but it is a creative idea that could have been way better.

Serving Sara plays like a rom-com, but neither inspires and quality, and when it tries, it fails. The directing is average and flat at best, but not very imaginitive. The cinematography looks average as well. It does shoot in good areas, and the sets and shooting locations are appropriate. The pacing of the movie doesn't hit the moments on the spot as well as it could have.

2 characters on the run to catch a cheating husband = entertaining. But the story and directing could have made it at least an average and worth while movie. But alas, the uncreative style and uninspired writing makes Serving Sara not as good as it could have been.
½ July 16, 2011
seen it but i was not over the moon to rav about, it was tomuch like the "the Whole Nine Yards"
July 3, 2011
It's a run of the mill comedy with a great cast. Matthew Perry didn't do many movies, but he was good at what he was type-cast to do. Bruce Campbell, Amy Adams, Vincent Pastore and Terry Crews all add to Serving Sara. It has Elizabeth Hurley. One of the most gorgeous women to grace the screen. Any movie with her in it is worth a star to its rating alone.

The story isn't going to twist; it's there to keep the laughs going, and it's only kind of funny. If you're looking for anything with the slightest bit of depth, keep looking.

Reginald Hudlin was a horrible director. He's doing TV now. That, and a script from the unbelievably bad writing team of Jay Scherik and David Ronn (I-Spy, Norbit, the Guess Who rewrite, National Security) and you get a surprisingly decent movie.

If it's on TV and you just want something on TV, Serving Sara is worth a watch.
July 3, 2011

If it's on TV and you just want something on TV, Serving Sara is worth a watch.