Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird Reviews

September 2, 2017
Good movie for kids to watch I think they will watch it if you show them it
June 7, 2017
A good movie for kids to watch they will like it and watching this
January 7, 2017
This is a great adventure with the cast of Jim Henson's Sesame Street. Great to watch again with my own preschool age kids! It has just the right amount of strange to keep most Henson fans happy. #Nostalgia #Muppets
½ July 23, 2016
A rare case of a movie I liked as a kid being even better as a grown-ass adult.
½ July 3, 2016
The long running PBS series "Sesame Street" has produced two movies in its 40+ year run, the first was in the 1980s (the second was in the late 90s), and it was "Follow That Bird," a feature that follows Big Bird as he is taken from Sesame Street to be adopted by a family of birds he doesn't fit in with...and he runs away to get back to Sesame Street. It's good children's entertainment...while it is certainly aimed at a younger audience than even the other Muppet films are, it still has some of that Henson spark that makes the Muppets enjoyable for the family. It also brought me back a little to the time when I grew up on Sesame Street...when Big Bird was the star of the show and such (I pretty much caught the tail end of that era, though I never saw this as a kid). My daughter, who is two years old and loves the current version of the show that is airing, enjoyed the movie as well...so I call it a winner.
June 10, 2016
A good movie for kids to see they will like it and have fun watching this!! So show your kids!!
April 19, 2015
Richard Roeper's favorite movie
July 21, 2014
Not as epic as I predicted, could have been better, but I guess it's harmless.
July 15, 2014
There are certain films so nostalgic so well preserved in the heart and memory that even with all the faults that are obviously there its still over enjoyable. Funny thing is I found this movie after its outing(2005) it came out in 1985 obviously cashing in on it's popularity at time. The finished product is a sweet, family friendly romp that has enough catchy tunes to keep you engaged and enough heart to keep you smiling for hours if not days after viewing. When I'm in a bad mood I watch this film. If the muppets can make a come back, maybe sesame street can too?
February 3, 2014
one of my favorite Movies
January 17, 2014
There's a child in all of us.
½ August 4, 2013
believe the first & the best of the several Sesame Street Features that have been produced, Simply the story of Big Bird being moved from Sesame St to a bird family he doesn't connect with a flee's back to Sesame Street.

Filled to the rim of star cameo's and although this film is simply and aimed mainly for children it has enough humour for adults to appreciate.

Much better than I thought it would be and surprisingly stands the test of time...
½ June 16, 2013
While I know I am not exactly the target audience for this film, I didn't find it to be amazing, but it was a good ride down memory road, as I used to watch this show pretty much every day as a child, and I quickly remembered not just the various puppets, but the human characters too.

Some of this film a tad too cheesy for me to get fully into, and I never really understood why it was so important Big Bird have to move away with other birds either.

A handful of great cameos and I'd say the songs were alright: like two were really good, but some like the Blue Bird song or the Flying Upside Down song were pretty bad.

I think this movie works more for nostalgia reasons that anything.
May 4, 2013
Follow That Bird is a good example of how to bring Sesame Street to the big screen

The Story Follows Big Bird as he is sent to Illinois to live with a dodo family unhappy with his new family he runs away and tries to head back to Sesame Street before A bird social worker or two unsuccessful circus owners get him so its up to members of Sesame Street to get him first
½ April 23, 2013
This is a very cute film that will appeal to anyone who has sat down to an episode of the iconic television series, focusing on the reunion of Big Bird (Caroll Spinney) with his Sesame Street family. The principle message of the show remains: the importance of community, diversity and friendship.

There's also a number of fine songs that drive the story forward and it's nice to see every one getting their fair share of the action; Grover (Frank Oz) steals the show and Oscar the Grouch (also performed by Spinney) and Maria (Sonia Manzano) have a number of effective gags as a mismatched team.

The film, perhaps, would've benefited from a secondary plot, but by the end of it all, it's the youngest members of the audience whose opinions really matter.
February 6, 2013
A wonderful kids movie with all the characters from sesame street and a host of cameos from famous actors like John Candy and Chevy Chase. A great film with lots of heart and a real message to it. I remember watching this when I was younger and recently revisited it only to find it's still as good as it used to be.
½ January 30, 2013
The Sesame Street gang makes their big screen debut in the children's film Sesame Street Presents: Follow that Bird. After Big Bird attempts to live with a bird family, he grows homesick for Sesame Street and tries to finds his way back with the help of some friends. Aside from the usual Sesame Street characters, there are featured cameo performances from Chevy Chase, Dave Thomas, Sandra Bernhard, and John Candy. Overall the film is rather bland, and the comedy's quite tame. Sesame Street Presents: Follow that Bird has some fun moments and some interesting characters, but it's held down by an overly simplistic story that's not very engaging.
January 22, 2013
This is the REAL Sesame Street movie!
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
November 19, 2012
loved it, I thought it was good movie, I actually want it on DVD, loved it, I thought it was a great film and I loved it, it starred Frank Oz, Jim Henson, Carroll Spinney, John Candy and Chevy Chase