Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird Reviews

September 24, 2012
Notice how Elmo is on the cover? Guess what? He's nowhere in sight in this movie. Its still a fun road trip movie with all our favorite Sesame Street charactors
September 18, 2012
Great childhood movie!
July 29, 2012
One of the best adaptations of a children's television series, "Follow That Bird" is a film I grew up with as a kid and still remember huge portions of the film to this day, making it memorable, even after more than a decade. A perfect showcase of the television show, Sesame Street, this film is reminiscent of The Muppets in all of the greatest ways.
July 23, 2012
One of my favs of my childhood.
July 22, 2012
A movie I watched probably two million times as a child, I am now able to pass it on to my daughter. Hilarious performances from Dave Thomas and Joe Flaherty and a huge list of great cameos. This is one of the essential kid's movies.
June 8, 2012
More inspired than you would have guessed.
April 27, 2012
Jim Henson's Muppet characters have always proven popular, particularly in the case of SESAME STREET. Indeed, while this family-friendly movie features a solid guest of cameos from the likes of the late Waylon Jennings, Chevy Chase, and even John Candy as a state trooper, the Muppets are very much the stars of the show. Even if you're not familiar with the characters of SESAME STREET, such as Oscar the Grouch, Grover, Cookie Monster, Telly, Count von Count, Bert and Ernie, and of course, Big Bird as well as his pal Snuffleupagus, this movie will still give you a good sense of their personalities. But don't expect the ABCs or the arithmatic lessons that the show is typically known for: this is a wild goose... or rather, wild Big Bird chase (literally!) movie in which our eight-foot tall hero is persuaded by a pesky social worker (voiced by Sally Kellerman) to stay with a family of his own kind, the rather dorky Dodos. But of course Big Bird becomes homesick and decides to head back to Sesame Street, unaware that his pals are already forming a search party for him. Matters become further complicated when a nasty duo of ne'er-do-wells, aptly named the "Sleaze Brothers", scheme to capture Big Bird and exploit him in their rundown circus. Aside from the trademark humor and quirks of the Muppets, the film also features some catchy songs (notably the "Grouch Anthem" that opens the film) and appropriately concludes with the Count counting the credits. Kids will definitely love this film, but anyone who is a fan of SESAME STREET and Henson will find plenty to enjoy as well.
½ April 26, 2012
I think I watched this movie once while at my Pop pop's but, yeah... couldn't recall anything about it. So, I randomly picked up the DVD for 500 yen and figured it'd be fun to check out. Maybe it was my nostalgia kicking in, seeing the cast and crew from when I was a child, but this movie was really cute and I really enjoyed my time watching it.
April 11, 2012
Go ahead and watch this movie and try not to fall in love with Sesame Street all over again. Good luck. La la la la!
½ March 26, 2012
You don't have to be a little kid just to like sesame street or this movie
February 5, 2012
Great family adventure with favorite characters.
½ January 21, 2012
Has a surprising amount of heart and charm for being based off of an educational TV show.
December 7, 2011
This was one of my absolute favorite movies when I was little and I still love it. I haven't seen it in a while so hopefully it'll still be great when I see it again. Yup...still awesome!
½ November 30, 2011
Fun and touching movie for the whole family. I loved it as a kid and it still has the ability to make me feel like I did when I saw this with my Mom and one of my friends in the theatre when I was four years old.
½ November 25, 2011
not as classic as i remember it... but i love giant creepy muppet birds, not sure how i wasn't afraid of them as a kid! favourite song 'easy goin'
November 1, 2011
I loved this movie when I was a child.
October 11, 2011
i used to just sit and cry about this for days.
September 25, 2011
Can you honestly hate this? I just can not see how anyone would hate this. Maybe it's because I grew up with Sesame Street but I honestly can't pan this film in anyway. This movie isn't particularly good but it's still very enjoyable to watch. This movie is honestly a huge guilty pleasure for me.
August 12, 2011
Light family fare that unfortunately is often distracted from pushing its moral message. Whilst this movie's plot is possibly too eventful for its runtime, it is managed well in light of the film's target audience.
July 31, 2011