Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird Reviews

• Jan 21, 2019

Very good movie for all ages. I sometimes picked up the 25th anniversary deluxe edition from my library to watch it. But if they remake it, they better not make it a repeat of the Ghostbusters 2016 reboot!

• Jan 11, 2019

Good movie. If you think about it, it's a colourful movie with dark plot. Was an honour to listen to grouch anthem.

• May 25, 2018

Fun for all ages If your kids like Sesame Street give it a try

Fun for all ages If your kids like Sesame Street give it a try

• Jan 28, 2018

So in 1969 Sesame street was made it was Popular for a kids show

So in 1969 Sesame street was made it was Popular for a kids show

• Nov 29, 2017

In the year 1969, something incredible happened. Sesame Street was born! I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with it. But for those who aren't, let me give you a bit of history. In 1966, there was a big discussion between vice president of the Carnegie Foundation Lloyd Morrisett, and producer then mother of Sesame Street Joan Ganz Cooney. The discussion was about, you guessed it, Sesame Street. Their main goal was to create a children's television program about the importance of education, but also having fun and lovable characters at the same time. Soon into production, they got then legendary Muppet puppeteer Jim Henson to join into the casting. Henson and Cooney had met before production began to discuss if CTW hadn't signed Henson on, they would have continued without the addition of the muppets. Henson originally was not too interested, but later agreed for his own sake. After the casting of Henson, other Muppet puppeteers such as Caroll Spinnney, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and Richard Hunt, joined in as well. When the first episode of Sesame Street aired on November 10, 1969, it became a absolute hit! But this was just the beginning. The show would then continue all the way to the 80's, 90's, 2000's, and even the 2010's. To this day, the show is STILL being aired and praised.

• Sep 02, 2017

Good movie for kids to watch I think they will watch it if you show them it

Good movie for kids to watch I think they will watch it if you show them it

• Jan 07, 2017

This is a great adventure with the cast of Jim Henson's Sesame Street. Great to watch again with my own preschool age kids! It has just the right amount of strange to keep most Henson fans happy. #Nostalgia #Muppets

• Jul 23, 2016

A rare case of a movie I liked as a kid being even better as a grown-ass adult.

A rare case of a movie I liked as a kid being even better as a grown-ass adult.

• Jun 25, 2016

The long running PBS series "Sesame Street" has produced two movies in its 40+ year run, the first was in the 1980s (the second was in the late 90s), and it was "Follow That Bird," a feature that follows Big Bird as he is taken from Sesame Street to be adopted by a family of birds he doesn't fit in with...and he runs away to get back to Sesame Street. It's good children's entertainment...while it is certainly aimed at a younger audience than even the other Muppet films are, it still has some of that Henson spark that makes the Muppets enjoyable for the family. It also brought me back a little to the time when I grew up on Sesame Street...when Big Bird was the star of the show and such (I pretty much caught the tail end of that era, though I never saw this as a kid). My daughter, who is two years old and loves the current version of the show that is airing, enjoyed the movie as well...so I call it a winner.

• Jun 10, 2016

A good movie for kids to see they will like it and have fun watching this!! So show your kids!!