Sette orchidee macchiate di rosso (Seven Blood-Stained Orchids) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sette orchidee macchiate di rosso (Seven Blood-Stained Orchids) Reviews

January 16, 2014
I liked it, although I thought he power drill murder scene paled in comparison to the ones in Driller Killer.
½ November 11, 2013
Really good Giallo. Must watch.
July 28, 2013
Digging into some Umberto Lenzi for a change of pace in my recent viewing:

Another fun little Giallo, black gloves, boobs and blood, all of the usual earmarks of the genre and well worth a look.

Give that mother a rental.
July 6, 2013
Not one of the best Italian giallos, Seven Blood Stained Orchids is a sometimes stylish and tense thriller but more often than not devolves cliches that are not strung together very well. Still, Lenzi keeps things relatively interesting, but this is certainly one of the more minor giallos.
June 3, 2012
Italian horror at it's best. Sleezy and violent.
February 23, 2012
Impressive work. A real fun Giallo. Spoilers: The dead of the Twin Sister of Marissa Mell with a Drill was gorgeous !
½ February 27, 2011
Umberto Lenzi's giallo, while populated with attractive
and gifted pro's never quite catches fire, and pales
in comparison to other genre staples released around
that time. By film's end, all we're left with is Riz Ortolani's
mellow lounge score in our brains.
February 6, 2011
Pretty fair Giallo that relies heavily on its ending. I dont mind Lenzi, but his aesthetics, although suited to some aspects of the sub-genre, are to me at least not as interesting compared to a fair few Italian directors of this period.
½ November 28, 2009
Another killer is out for serial revenge and killing apparently random women. The only clue to link it all together is a stupid half moon key ring. While the back story holds up fairly well, it is pretty stupid. The big reveal of the killer's identity is shocking because of his profession, but it would have been more effective had the killer been at play throughout the movie - which he isn't.

Great death scene for Marissa Mell, though, which in the commentary Lenzi claims was stolen by Depalma in Body Double, which is funny.

So in short, an effective Giallo with a surprisingly good story, but almost utterly forgettable - kind of like a Sunday Night Mystery, all that was missing was McCloud.
July 10, 2009
Good giallo. Not much slow moments, and that is unusual...
November 24, 2008
Giallo by Umberto Lenzi , average film . I don't remember much about it .
½ October 15, 2008
Probably the first giallo I ever saw, and a pretty good one at that.
June 6, 2008
A very entertaining film. Good, old-fashioned Italian slasher flick. Antonio Sabato is a definite plus...
½ June 5, 2008
Hot ladies, Black gloved killer, boobs, blood, black gloves. Quality.