Seven (Se7en) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven (Se7en) Reviews

April 1, 2017
Detective films are common, but Se7en's plot is unique, with a surprising ending, however, its ending is far from reasonable.
Freeman gave his good performances
½ March 28, 2017
Great performances, excellent script and a difficult end to overcome.
March 27, 2017
When we have seen everything to know that we have trouble falling asleep at night. When we haven't seen everything to fall peacefully asleep at night. When we can see that some people are cut for the job when they asked to be here. When we see that not many can stomach what we do. When what we see us horrifying when we deal with sick people. When we need to see closer at the clues and hints that make us see clearly somethings. When we see from all perspectives and those involved when clues are everywhere. When we see they are where we least expect it when it's a game. When we need to see where it all stems from to see closer into the mind from a literary point of view. When what we are seeing isn't textbook behaviour when we are dealing with a pathological, sidistic, murder unlike we have seen before. When we see that we like doing things our way and alone to know we don't need help. When we wish to see somethings to get a closer look at some people. When we see that we wish to see other things when they bring us joy. When we can see from asking questions that we probe. When some things we see we shed a different light to it and perspective. When some clues speak to us when the person whom gives us the clues wants us to see it thst way. When we see that we need an extensive knowledge in our field. When everything we are seeing is new and meticulous that we are just seeing the beginning. When we see that we are just gathering everything first before we put them all together. When we see that we enjoy such cat & mouse chases. When we see this is not an easy open close case and can see the murder has a greater purpose. When we see we are lead from one place to another. When others wish to see when it makes for headline news. When you need to see to believe somethings we find. When we are not the only ones to see the odd when it's in our field to diagnosis the strange natural occurences. When we see that every clue leads to further research that we can reach and need others whom have access to reach. When we see that everyone has a price whether it's their life or monetary. When we see we are on the right track when we get closer to seeing whom could do such acts. When we see that we must chase after those whom we want to see. When we see we must follow protocol and procedures and follow by the rules we are given. When we see we must break the rules to follow the rules. When we see that we must be ready for anything that comes through those doors. When we see we are dealing with a professional whom know us and is one step ahead of us and can control steps. When we see that other people enjoy seeing what other see when it's their job. When we see that we came close to those whom we refuse to see, to know we will see things when we least expect it. When we can't see whom we are dealing with but can see only one person doing it when it's the devil. When we see we are going nowhere with any leads when the Devils hands are busy. When we see we are following by our own rules and we have to just follow along. When we see the devil doesn't want to be seen when they hide themselves when they are seen and unseen. When we see that we live according to our own system & laws. When we never thought we would see the devil until he reveals himself. When we see that we must bargain with those whom make us see more if what we don't want to already see but need to see to close this insanity once and for all. When we need to see that justice is done according to our laws. When others wish to see others see like we do when we want to see to the fullest when we demand everyone's attention. When we see that all this was for a reason when the end reveals the truth and brilliance. When we need to see why others see that way when seeing that way is not normal. When we don't see it that way when the way we see is above all superficial and labeled world that we see the world but deeper. When we see why we judge others while we are judged when our judgement is the only way we think others should see when we reveal that we aren't the devil, But people are when they allow things people see and do go unpunished. When we see the world needs to be cleansed from those whom are in pure and we are god. When we see ourselves immortal when we are what we always saw ourselves a case that is worth noting, putting in books to reference and think about ourselves in whom we are and what we are doing that make us think and see ourselves as good people. When we know the world works by seeing it for what it is. When we don't understand why others see things this way when they aren't like us that we need extra eyes above and below to see why they brought us to such places. When we need to see somethings but not other things when we spend our time trying to see some people brought to justice, when their hands have been busy to the things we don't see. When what we see we don't want to see when it's something we neglected and others take away from us. When we see the outcome of whom we are dealing with and see they are capable of ending it all for us when they see somethings and stop thinking about other things to see the light or darkness of their ways when they don't see themselves capable of evil. When we see we were mere pawns in someone's game to reach the end.
March 24, 2017
Another great movie by Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, and Kevin Spacey!
March 20, 2017
Apart from Brad Pitt's below-par acting (Freeman is the real hero of the piece), this is a decent enough thriller.
½ March 6, 2017
they simply dont make movies like this anymore. incredible, how it unfolds and the acting the plot. the clues. they just simply dont make movies like this anymore. something special
February 26, 2017
It creates a very unsafe, eerie and scary atmosphere from the beginning, to set the tone right for this gritty, ingenious horror movie. Whenever Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt are in a film together, you can automatically expect it to be a blast. And this one is no exception, it's very good , very mysterious, full of blood and grisly images and a twisted shock ending. Definitely one of the best horror movies ever made. Recommended !!
½ February 24, 2017
Sesevenen is a classic cat-and-mouse detective with all the gory scenes and scarring images to go along with it and contains stellar performances from it's main actors.
February 14, 2017
What's in the box?!?!?!
½ February 14, 2017
Inclement postulation.
½ February 13, 2017
The story itself has many plot holes,as all the stories do. However,the performances are outstanding. Even though Kevin Spacey's villainous character seems unreal in the real world,yet in the twisted universe we're introduced to,he fits the mood perfectly. He's dedicated to the crime and he's calculated and very patient. Morgan Freeman gives a usually stellar performance,and Brad Pitt creates a great contrast to his calm and though out character. Greatly recommend.
½ February 7, 2017
A strong, dark and moody film with excellent acting and cinematography. It follows the story of two detectives, one who is about to retire and his new replacement, on the trail of a serial killer. Not exactly an uplifting film. You have been warned.
½ February 1, 2017
Se7en (1995) C-130m. ??? 1/2 D: David Fincher. Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey. Occasionally sickening but otherwise gripping detective story about serious of grossly imaginative murders done by psychopath playing with minds of two opposite policemen, each with their own set of personal problems, who are both frantically trying to solve case. Creates a vivid, realistic view of L.A. at its absolute worst; frighteningly effective, exceptionally done movie with a pair of dazzling lead performances, but marred by a lesser finale. Screenplay by Andrew Kevin Walker. What's in the box?
January 31, 2017
A tough one to review. There's things I like, but in the end I feel if you took away Kevin Spacey this isn't that great. Andrew Kevin Walker is a sick SOB to be able to put together this script and overall I felt he relied on shock value way too much. David Fincher undoubtedly was the only director who could pull this movie off. The NY underbelly feel is spot on. Pitt and Freeman are great. The ending definitely catches you off guard and keeps you thinking for hours after. In the end I just find it overrated and aged. Definitely not forgettable though.
January 29, 2017
Not for the faint hearted or the easy queasy...but a really great movie. It was engaging and constantly had me guessing.
January 13, 2017
It is a good movie. Brad pitt has done great job regarding his acting.good job.
½ January 12, 2017
A terrific thriller with each kill ramping up the tension and an ending that will leave you reeling.
½ January 10, 2017
The director and the writer made a great work, Brad Pitt Makes a intresting cop, Morgan Freeman makes his name in this movie and Kevin Spacey is stuning
½ January 10, 2017
A solid movie which follows Morgan Freeman as an old retiring detective and Brad Pitt as the new guy looking to make a name for himself. The dynamic between the two make this movie entertaining till the end
January 8, 2017
One of the best endings ever.