Seven and a Match - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven and a Match Reviews

September 14, 2009
This film feels very much like a college thesis. I say this with trepidation because comparisons to student efforts tend to imply amateurism or, worse yet, accusations of pretentiousness or conceit. This film is a showcase for Tina Holmes, it really allows her to strut her stuff and this is probably the film that cements her status as one of the up and coming actresses to pay attention to.
½ May 25, 2009
This film made me feel. There is something about this movie that is magic. It made me introspective and nostalgic and I really cared about the characters. Very VERY rare kind of film.
August 18, 2008
Great cast. Wish I could find the soundtrack.
½ August 9, 2008
Parts of this film are wonderful; other moments just seem very trite.
July 5, 2008
Comforting but not much to it. Still, I would watch it again(and feel guilty about enjoying it).
June 28, 2008
This is a very good movie about the realationships, between friends, and how people and be so blind to the attributes of others, and their surroundings.
½ February 23, 2008
Pleasntly surprised, but a bit pretentious (even for me). Predictable as well. At least it was another chance to see Eion Bailey and Devon Gummersall
½ February 14, 2008
a film they show about 3 times a day on IFC. a bit pretentious, but after several viewings you get over the petty things and can start to enjoy it. devon gummersall is in this, and for those 'my so-called life' fans, you'll remember him as the bumbling brian krakow. he got the shaft back then, and he gets the shaft in this. still worth a watch.
November 26, 2007
A very moving movie!
½ November 24, 2007
funny...awkward....funny
November 15, 2007
This is on IFC like every day. After about the 3rd time seeing it on there I decided to watch. I was plesantly suprised.
½ August 21, 2007
... seven college friends reunite in Maine and begin the process of finally growing up.
August 18, 2007
I caught this on IFC one day and thought it was a great film. A little bit depressing, but arent most films in some way? Would def. watch again.
August 6, 2007
Caught this movie on IFC, and began watching it...It was interesting. There are some really thought provoking yet down-to-earth quotes in this movie, for instance, the character Ellie's question of, "Arent you ever afraid your friends will become strangers?" And I liked that about this movie, how real it was,--the struggles and temptations of life during your "almost adult" years. This movie isn't clean, I had to change the channel a couple times, so Im not going to recommend it. Overall, it was a good thinking movie for a quiet afternoon.
August 2, 2007
i just really enjoyed it. kind of depressing on how things have changed with all the friends, and them coming back together once again.