Seven Faces of Dr. Lao - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Seven Faces of Dr. Lao Reviews

September 14, 2016
I loved this film when I was a child, and it has held up remarkably well. I am a retired math teacher, and 5 at 100% cannot assume that 100 will achieve 5%. Maybe if you know the future... I do not have that skill! This is a good movie and if you don't like it.. I'M GLAD I DON'T KNOW YOU!
July 16, 2016
Amazing film! Tony Randal is amazing in the various parts he must portray in this piece. It's great to see Barbara Eden in a serious role as well.
May 14, 2016
7 Faces of Dr. Lao (1964) ???
Colorful, amusing fantasy about enchanting circus performer who aids a small western town to find hope and restore their discouraged lives. Kudos to Tony Randall, who plays seven roles! Honorary Award Oscar for make-up achievements.
½ February 23, 2015
gr8 showcase star vehicle 4 tony randall
December 26, 2014
One star goes entirely to Tony Randall. Great acting.
½ August 25, 2013
It was fine, but nothing to write home about. Not the best writing or acting, that excludes the main character who plays seven different roles.
July 17, 2013
I was fascinated by this movie when I first watched it in grade school. It still holds my interest nearly 45 years later. Great role for Tony Randall.
½ April 3, 2013
Brilliant conception - brilliant execution.
December 21, 2012
This is by no definition a good movie. 100% with five reviews means just as much as 5% with 100 reviews.
November 12, 2012
"Seven Faces of Dr. Lao" is a very old-school brand of film, but it's the sort of film we need in this day and age. Hopeful instead of cynical, and full to the brim with fun and fantasy, the movie is a celebration of magic and life in general.
½ November 1, 2012
Half western, half fantasy. Very weird movie. Dr. Lao often speaks with an accent -- then suddenly speaks perfect English of the highest quality. Fun, whimsical film.
½ October 28, 2012
What a fun little movie. This harks back to an era where asians didn't exist and really white guys had to play the part. I hope Eddie Murphy doesn't get his hands on a remake of this.

2008 Movies: 27
½ September 10, 2012
Dr. Lao is a magician and trickster. Whimsical, amusing and fun movie.
September 9, 2012
Wow what a film! I mean Tony Randall playing 7 roles so perfectly you don't know its him! AWESOME AWESOME. For 18 years this film has escaped my grasp so glad I saw it
August 22, 2012
one of my childood favorites
August 6, 2012
In the years before cable TV, VCRs and other recording, and the Internet, it was a pretty exciting happening when a favorite movie was scheduled to be on TV. I'm not old enough to remember "Seven Faces of Dr. Lao" in its original theatrical release, but seeing it on TV was always a thrill. A little bit scary, a little bit funny, and so exciting. A great one for the whole family.
½ July 31, 2012
A mixture of genres that actually makes sense. Seven Faces of Dr. Lao is imaginative, whimsy, and perfectly unique. Dr. Lao proves to be a talented magician, who is able to astound not only the onscreen audition, but the one sitting on a couch at home also.
June 12, 2012
'64' That is the year I was born, I saw this movie more than 20 years ago !.
½ May 26, 2012
This one is really interesting...at times it gets a bit much....it has wonderful music throughout the entire movie...and Tony Randall's performances are great to watch.
½ May 4, 2012
Seven Faces Of Dr. Lao

I have always been fan of such movies, and while reading great history of Awards, I came to know it received Oscar for Makeup for Tuttle, although Makeup categories had been setup then. It is fascinating film, one that really keeps the height of the plot above all. It has got humor in it which is very amusing. It does everything to keep the plot fantasy-based and it does succeed in doing so, many characters are purely selected according to the need of roles. I must appreciate Tony Randall's wonderful performance and great arty work, which required him to be different at all 7 roles at the same time.