Severed: Forest of the Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Severed: Forest of the Dead Reviews

April 5, 2016
04/05/16 Original and fun zombie romp in the woods. Environmental message for the origins story.
October 14, 2015
Tonally, it's taken far too seriously, especially in the third act; but for what it is, it's actually quite fun and impressive for how low budget it is.
½ November 5, 2013
about as entertainijg as watching the trees grow. granted it was a good idea with the inventive way of infection but when it all comes to the movie. everything else falls short. skip it.
½ May 13, 2013
Not too bad. Not a popular one, but worth watching for Zombie fans.
½ May 8, 2013

-Cutting Is Killing-
April 28, 2013
One of the most illogical endings by one of the main survivors, like stupider than normal in a horror movie. I thought it was a cool plot for the start of the zombie outbreak. The movie is a bloody, not gory watchable zombie flick, but unfortunately falls apart to shit at the end.
September 8, 2012
seen in pieces , mabye seen it again once
May 28, 2012
This actually was pretty good, though I expected to see a little more gore. I like the ending...and the score only adds to the notion that everything is just fucked--there's no getting out.
May 6, 2012
A pretty good zombie movie i thought. Gore, decent acting, poor plot but a good carryout really. As far as zombie movies go this movie really hit the right spot i feel.

Know when you read this though i am a huge zombie adict.
November 17, 2011
I couldn't make it past the first 20 minutes or so. Sorry. Zombie movies should not have this much "dudes in suits talking about business" in them.
½ September 17, 2011
An interesting zombie flick with tons of good gore and fun. Not necessary a classic, but still a good fun horror film.
September 4, 2011
Chemically treated tree sap turns folks into Zombies. Oh yeah....and they included a little zing of Protect our Forests environmental message. Zzzzzzzzzzz....... Nope. That's not a chainsaw but me snoring through this film. Great part of the movies was its credits at the end (bc it was the END). This is one Zombie movie you can pass by.
May 22, 2011
A decent zombie movie. This genre leaves me starving for more, and I like to see one that original and well done.
March 6, 2011
Don't care much for this type of Zombie.
March 3, 2011
I admired Severed's gritty realism and serious, dramatic tone, but the film simply never featured enough hardcore zombie attacks. It has some great moments, but its message about loggers and environmental activists being thrown together in a zombie outbreak proves extremely thin as does the rest of the film. Severed could have been so much more based on its aesthetic and its plot set-up, but unfortunately it lets those aspects languish and doesn't even make up for them with buckets of gore. Decent, but it could have been great.
October 25, 2010
I caught this somewhere along the way and didn't really matter because I was unimpressed with this zombie flick. You got the zombie moves, but no scares and the camera never shows any action, so I had a difficult time trying to see what was going on.
½ October 18, 2010
This was a pretty good Zombie flick, the special effects were not the greatest, but I enjoyed the gore of the Zombies devouring human flesh. I think they could of came up with a better reason people turn into Zombies though. The acting kind of sucked. Leanne Adachi who played a tree hugger, was the most convincing of everyone. The actors who played the Zombies, some were ok. The transformation was kind of cheesy though. I would say this flick would be pretty good to watch as a Halloween night scare flick. If I had a choice I wouldn't of bought it, Just rented it.
September 8, 2010
I was expecting much more from this film. It seemed promising and it looked great visually, but something was missing and I'm not entirely sure what. I just wasn't engaged enough throughout.
July 1, 2010
So very run-of-the-mill (ha! I made a pun!). Just plain bland and the fact that the annoying hippie environmentalist chick who started the whole damn chain of events is the only survivor in the end doesn't score this movie any brownie points.
April 21, 2010
this is an original and well down indie zombie movie, everthing down to the makeup has its own twist to it