Sex and Death 101 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sex and Death 101 Reviews

½ August 19, 2014
I am more than convinced that Simon Baker is really a bad actor. nothing about him makes a movie worth to watch
½ August 9, 2014
Could have been a good movie! Good idea, horrible execution!!
May 29, 2014
I didn't think it was predictable. The ending surprised me. The actors were flat though, or just the characters were.
December 25, 2013
A man's life is turned upside down when he receives an e-mail with the names of the women he has and will ever have sex with and encounters a femme fatale who targets men guilty of sex crime. A deeply flawed attempt at being clever about sex and death.
October 19, 2013
Odd story that is filmed well with some quirky acting that includes a little nudity. Script gives an easy story to follow but is rather shallow so is relaxing as you do not need to think, unless you are under four. Nibbles: Rhubarb Fool.
June 11, 2013
Accidentally came across with this film and it just wasn't that great, sad to say.
December 28, 2012
Story oke , not really my favorite that Simon guy .
½ December 1, 2012
La historia es entretenida, aunque algunas partes de la trama sean inverosimiles, el final es patetico, de un tono subido en otras. Regular es de esas comedias, poco divertidas.
October 22, 2012
Very neat idea, with cliche parts. Still, a very fun, sexy, and meaningful film. I highly recommend the newest feature from the director of Heathers.
½ August 16, 2012
very funny simon baker , i really did not know he had this sort of comedic side , i mean he is very charming but the grandmother scene was so funny my sides hurt. What people who gave this a rotten score need to know is that this is not a rom com or anything like it its comes closer to The hangover in the way its presents it's humour and i like it that way
July 26, 2012
Brilliant, I don't care what the other critics say. The plot is funny, inventive, original, witty, and just unpredictable enough to keep your interest. Don't read any plot summaries before watching this movie. They'll ruin it for you.
½ July 12, 2012
One of the career mistakes of Winona Ryder I suppose. This movie was trash. I might have laughed a couple of times but it was all to Patton Oswalt's character. It was a stupid movie and it was long too.
July 6, 2012
[2012.07.07] Crap!!!
½ June 24, 2012
Don't watch this on weekend, especially with friends! unless you love to criticize and comment every scene. It would bring up some funny talk but the movie itself is boring, weird, and... ewh.
April 28, 2012
Something different! Plus there's Simon?!
½ April 18, 2012
From Daniel Waters, the writer of the cult classic Heathers, comes the new satirical comedy Sex and Death 101. The film follows newly engaged Roderick Blank, who must struggle with fate when a mysterious source sends him a list containing the names of all the women that he will sleep with throughout his life. Simon Baker and Winona Ryder lead the cast, and both give strong performances. The film has a lot of fun with sexual cliches and stereotypes as Blank goes through the list. It also presents the struggle between free will and fate in an interesting and satirical way. While some of the satire works, a lot of it is a few degrees off and has some problems with presentation. Sex and Death 101 has some fun and is fairly entertaining, but has its share of troubles as well.
½ February 26, 2012
what can i say but lame crappy stupid and so not good in any way or form..
January 20, 2012
This movie was pretty good. It deserved more recognition.
August 21, 2011
Not very funny, but with an interesting story. It could have been told more in dept, but for all I know, it's ok to watch on a rainy sunday with nothing better to do. Winona Ryder strikes me in this role, she was casted nicely :)
August 16, 2011
I laughed. Don't get me wrong I watched it because Simon Baker is lovely to look at. Little more vulgar than I like, but funny circumstances. Ending needed to be better.