Sex Appeal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sex Appeal Reviews

October 27, 2012
A Chuck Vincent film. Tony Canneloni is desperate to get some hands on experience with the opposite sex so he buys a book called Sex Appeal to figure out how. Rule number one according to the book is to be cool. Can't argue with that advice.
½ August 6, 2012
predictable, banal, forgettable, sex farce that is complete without any trace of humor or sex appeal
½ July 5, 2012
Eligible bachelor buys a how-to manual to help pick up the ladies and encounters many unfortunate mishaps along the way. A premise like this should always work given the proper treatment. Slightly better than most Chuck Vincent comedy efforts. Best thing about this film is the box cover.
½ March 19, 2012
I think this is one of those movies that you'd probably like better if you're from New Jersey like Beach House. I know that T&A sex comedies are not high end, most of them aren't well made & are amateurish but Sex Appeal has this certain smell that I can't decide if it is coming from the actual lack of talent (from the acting to the writing to the direction) or that this is really the east coast flavor seeping through. Because of this it comes off pretty bad but in that same breath I can see some people actually liking this. There are a few moments that it almost is able to get a chuckle out of you (even if you have seen this formula time & time again) but then almost in the same breath it trips over itself & lands straight on its face. It's almost so embarrassing that it seems intentional & then in turn awkward. Try as it might Sex Appeal is its own worst enemy
April 1, 2011