Satánico pandemonium (La sexorcista) Reviews

• Feb 14, 2019

Slow movie, it works on classical themes of the Gothic genre, but it is not sufficiently itchy as some old books can be.

• May 16, 2013

No tengo nada en contra de orgías lésbicas, posesiones satánicas o asesinatos. De hecho uno podría hacer una película bastante entretenida con esos elementos pero "Satanico Pandemonium (La Sexorcista)" desperdicia esta oportunidad. La cinta es dócil, y muy aburrida, y a pesar de que muestra varios tabúes, esta no hace nada con una historia absurda que se toma a si misma muy en serio. "Satanico Pandemonium (La Sexorcista)" es una cinta representativa del genero del "nunsploitation" pero no es una pelicula particularmente buena. En realidad, deja mucho que desear.

• Feb 09, 2013

Over-the-top nunsploitation (partially financed by the Mexico Tourism Association!) falls into the "So-bad-it's-good" category.

• Oct 20, 2012

Nice and sleazy, this was another fun entry in my Nunsploitation education and more on point with the amount of sex and violence that I expected to see in Killer Nun a couple days back. The only thing I truly found a bit ridiculous was the fact that a 14 yr old shepherd boy actually fights off the advances of the oversexed nun, which I just found ridiculously unrealistic. Worth a look.

• Lee ? Super Reviewer
    Jan 22, 2011

Mexican-made nunsploitation fun where a lily-white nun is tormented by visions of Lucifer who guides her to commit all manner of blasphemous acts from seducing young shepherd boys, engaging in lesbianism and to murder. Compared to other nunsploitation films it's a little bit more restrained and low-key but that works to its benefit as it's a film you can take more seriously than others in the genre. It's well shot, has good atmosphere, an effectively unsettling musical score and a strong female lead performance. It was a little slow but that's broken up by some moments of sleaze and and the odd bloody stabbing. It's not great but it's a solid film for what it is.

• Jun 09, 2010

For its time, maybe this was shocking, but I just saw it for the first time now and, by today's standards (or lack thereof), it's pretty tame looking and at times quite slow. I liked it more than The Sinful Nuns of St. Valentine, but I have yet to see a Nunsploitation film that really blows me away.

• Quinto W Super Reviewer
    Jan 22, 2010

The only thing I knew about this movie before watching it was that Salma Hayek had her character named after it in From Dusk 'Till Dawn. I wasn't also too well informed on the whole "nunsploitation" thing people have going on and, even though I would not call it my sort of thing, I was glad I saw this movie, it was very entertaining (is it the right thing to say, entertaining?) and I can see why it turns some people on. This is what I imagine it would be like to go church with John Waters.

• Jul 16, 2009

Slightly overrated imo, but still very nice nunsploitation piece. Stars slowly but gets better towards the end - mostly because of the convincing acting by the leading lady. But what's most important: all the necessary ingrediets are present... I'm sure you know what I'm talking about: whippings, selftorture, wicked inquisition, good ol' satan himself and boobs here there and everywhere. Did I forget something crucial? Oh yeah, some lesbianism too.

• Feb 10, 2009

for the hard-core; campy fun, very grindhouse, yet lacking a certain charisma.

for the hard-core; campy fun, very grindhouse, yet lacking a certain charisma.

• Oct 27, 2008

The devil is one handsome...devil.

The devil is one handsome...devil.