Sexykiller, morirás por ella - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sexykiller, morirás por ella Reviews

½ February 20, 2016
A movie that does to the horror/ sci-fi industries what Leslie Neilson's Airplane did for disaster movies. Steals from virtually every niche of the genres. A fashionable teenager, superbly played by Macarena Gomez, takes up a double-life as "The Campus Killer". Inept and sexist ploice, whose prejudice is to believe that the killer is a male, are found wanting as the body count climbs. A fast paced film, probably it's major drawback, in Spanish, it is a Spanish version of Scary Movie. It is much, much better. Hilarious.
½ July 15, 2014
A fair try and using excess style and substance as a means to parody it's own genre.
July 5, 2014
Damn awful! Tries to be knowing but comes across as smug, exasperated actors pulling faces is the height of it's humour, and a petite lady wearing tight fitting clothes isn't my idea of sexy... and don't even get me started on the zombies!
January 19, 2013
I picked this up because i was bored and it cost 2.50 euro. I enjoyed it immensely.
It's funny, a bit gory, fast-paced, stylish and clever. The zombie thing feels a bit like compromising the overall mental approach but it's not a big part of the movie and in any case it all wraps up nicely so no need to let that derive you from a such great fun. Dive in.
October 28, 2012
Basically Scary Movie in Spanish, but much much better. It's an interesting film, as we are listening to the retelling of a serial killer's crimes. The killer is a fashionable female, who constantly breaks the fourth wall. Very unique and usual. The set was beautiful, totally depicted the religious nature of Spain; the colours were amazing, made the film looked like a neo-noir. It's also insanely funny, I'd love to see more of films starring Macarena Gomez.
March 15, 2012
A video nasty i actually enjoyed. Very sick and gross but in a 'Shaun of the Dead' way. Twisted but with a nice little story involving a female serial killer....a Spanish horror/comedy that's worth the effort.
½ November 13, 2011
A fun film that I caught at Midnight Madness at TIFF...for fans or horror-comedy along the lines of the Scream films.
February 28, 2011
Funny movie. Paris Hilton meets Jack the Ripper meets Night of the Living Dead.
January 6, 2011
Crazy, crazy movie. Delightfully twisted.
November 24, 2010
Je n'y peux rien, je suis comme ça ...
November 18, 2010
je n'y peux rien, je suis comme ça !
½ November 17, 2010
Voilà une sale petite daube particulièrement horripilante, qui se verrait bien en parodie ultime des films de genre mais qui, à l'arrivee, constitue surtout une demonstration de tout ce qu'il ne faut pas faire en la matière. "Sexykiller" se voudrait decale avec sa serial-killeuse qui bute les machos et les pouffiasses mais il est juste plat et ennuyeux. Il se voudrait ultra-dynamique avec sa mise en scène de clip survolte mais il est simplement soûlant. Il se voudrait deconneur d'un bout à l'autre mais manque cruellement d'humour...pour ne même pas parler du recours aux cliches les plus ecules (depuis combien temps le truc du personnage qui s'adresse au spectateur est-il considere comme complètement ringard, au juste ?). On se croirait dans un mauvais ersatz de "Scary movie"...sauf que "Scary movie" est mediocre mais occasionnellement drôle tant il assume parfaitement sa debilite. Est-ce à dire que "Sexykiller" est plus timore en la matière ? Non, même pas, ce produit d'exploitation espagnol suit scrupuleusement les methodes de son modèle americain : un peu de fesse, de l'humour scato, du gore ludique, des references au cinema d'horreur et un ramassis de cretins prêt à être massacres à la machette. Qu'est ce qui coince alors ? Rien de particulier, le film est nul, rigoureusement nul : parfois, ça ne s'explique pas.
October 30, 2010
While still fun and flashy, Gomez annoyed me more than not on second viewing and the pace strangely lagged despite all of the gloss. The kills are creative, but the humor dulls with repetition. I'll take Accion Mutante's similar points about beauty and terror over this any day.
October 22, 2010
original, intéressant et drôle :)
June 6, 2010
This is a very funny Spanish parody on the slasher genre. A medical student with a huge ego named Barbara goes on a killing spree on her campus. After a man runs over her dog, she goes after him and pinning his hand to the bonnet of the car with a pair of scissors, Barbara explains to him the details of all the murders she's committed so far and how her victims come back to life as zombies and go on a feeding frenzy.

This has to be one of the best horror parodies I've seen in a while. It mimics Belgian movie MAN BITES DOG as Barbara gives a knowing wink to the camera as she tells us of her crimes. Macarena Gomez is smoking hot as Barbara. There are some gory moments which are hilarious and plenty of references to some Hollywood movies such as Scream and George Romero's zombie classics. It's an excellent comedy with a lot of laughs. Highly recommended.
June 6, 2010

May 9, 2010
Rented purely cos it featured in Blockbusters five movies for five pounds offer this turned out to be an unexpected treat. Never quite playing the camp card that it screams it may do at the start Sexy Killer name checks Romero, has a lead character called Barbara so naturally ends up knee-deep in zombies. It's fun, it's bloody, it's unexpected...enjoy!
May 7, 2010
Plenty of fun. Very fast-paced, hard to keep up with reading subtitles and all. Fairly predictable but entertaining nonetheless.
March 31, 2010
This is what you get when you put 'American Psycho' and 'From Dusk til Dawn' in a blender. Add the following ingredients: a female fashionista serial killer with hotpants, zombies, and a lot of references to B- horrormovies. The title is correct: the killer IS sexy
March 24, 2010
I'm not sure how to categorize this Spanish film? It's a Serial killer, zombie, slasher and comedy all rolled into one. And it's absolutely fantastic. Clearly not taking itself too seriously, it's just fun all the way. Everything you'd want in a horror is here. Graphic and Gory deaths and lots of superfluous nudity. The Comic aspect works well. There were moments when I was in fits of laughter. Also Somehow in-between all the mayhem of murder, it finds time to fit in a love story. There are plenty of references to over horror films. Hell they even manage to reference the teletubbies. Also what stands out is Macarena Gómez throughout the film breaks down the 4th wall. Chatting to the camera like a diary. And talking of Gómez, she is wonderful as the sexy killer Barbara. She is energetic, bubbly and extremely sexy. The pacing of the film is spot on. I wasn't bored for a minute. Yes it's a goofy film, but ever so much fun. I highly recommend you give this ago.