Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reviews

February 21, 2018
The Bee Gees and Peter Frampton as well as Aerosmith was great in this movie
July 20, 2017
A fun, campy musical with slapstick humor, set to the Beatles' music. Far from a bad movie, this is a delightful romp.
October 16, 2016
Get serious, people. This wasn't supposed to be anything more than fun and a chance to see Barry, Robin, Maurice and Peter looking good despite a lousy script. And how easy would the best screen writer find it to invent a coherent story for those songs? It's a romp....not much different than "Help" in its farcical fun and games. Why all the profanity and nit-picking over a long-ago musical "comedy"? I, personally enjoyed the Bee Gees' and Frampton's music and they're not bad to look at either. To each his or her own.
June 8, 2016
By far one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
April 10, 2016
One of the worst movies of all time bar none. A horrible Hollywood attempt to cash in on The Beatles, by throwing Peter Frampton and The Bee Gees together to sing a classic album songs and attempt to string it all into a cohesive plotline. The film is so bad that it will turn your stomach from revolt. Rock albums are not meant to transform into film.

I'm sure the producers thought they had a slam dunk. Successful Beatles album, Peter Frampton, Bee Gees, etc. However, this abomination is the mirror (white) image to "The Wiz" film with Michael Jackson and Diana Ross.
February 26, 2016
A kids movie mistakenly thot to be for adults.
If this had been hosted by The Muppets and the Jim Henson team, this would have been a sensation for young and old alike.
As is, it's an imaginative fantasy kiddie movie sans Muppets with little bits of humor - directionless nonsense, but not without flash and psychedelia.
I did like the quirky-cool robots.
It really needs some Miss Piggy to make it hilarious, and Gonzo with his harem of chickens to make it interesting.
½ September 6, 2015
What kind of a movie is this? It's so unbelievably unwatchable and a glorious trainwreck; The bee gees cannot act and make these stupid facial expressions throughout; even sandy farina playing strawberry fields. Who put this movie into existence? It's so incredibly bizarre surreal and strange; I felt pretty bored watching this
½ August 31, 2015
still just torture to try & sit threw
June 5, 2015
Saw this when it first came out. Got the itch to see it again. Who's with me?
½ April 17, 2015
I knew that this had a bad reputation before watching it but didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The Bee Gee's and Peter Frampton star as the band in a pasted together non-important stupid story meant to provide a background link to each of the beatles songs they sing. The only dialogue other than the songs is some very basic naration, which is also irrelevant. The movie is sort of fun though, the songs are great (obviously) and it's interesting to see them sung by the bee gees, Aerosmith, Earth Wind and Fire as well as by Frankie Howard and Steve Martin who also make nonsense cameos. It's original and no doubt does what it set out to do and nothing more.
January 17, 2015
L'histoire de ce film ; ça ne va pas du tout ! En fait, on aime seulement entendre les chansons des Beatles et voir les artistes faire des cameos
½ December 26, 2014
As bad as this movie is I give it 3 stars for the musical performances.
September 8, 2014
One of the best not too well known musicals with bands that are still round today. Loved it when I first seen it as a young teen back in 1978.
September 7, 2014
It's had lot of famous singers and actors.
April 28, 2014
That one star is for Billy Preston's dancing feet at the end.
½ February 16, 2014
The songs may be enjoyable as a musical, but as a film they serve no point.
December 25, 2013
Cinematic version of the legendary album by The Beatles by the same name, Sgt. Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band is more a novelty act than something to be taken seriously. Not a word of spoken dialogues and really just a series of musical set ups. Quite awful to say the least, this is neither a film for Beatles fans nor for musical fans. In fact, it has very little reason to exist.
August 10, 2013
a good movie with songs by the beatles
½ July 1, 2013
This movie is great. I don't care if there's not much of a plot; I still found it enjoyable. The music is decent, and the story is somewhat self-explanatory. Overall, I call this film a mixed bag at best. Needless to say, I would recommend watching this flick for what it is.