Shadow Puppets - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shadow Puppets Reviews

January 2, 2015
This was a low budget thriller movie about some people waking up on a mental hospital with memory lost. But they are not alone there.. Weak acting and story. You can watch this movie tho if you havent got any better ones..
½ November 22, 2014
Interesting idea, good acting, definitely a lower budget movie but they made it work, plus, casting James Marsters and Tony Todd - nothin' wrong with that.
March 21, 2013
very B-rated, but the actors in it are pretty good and story was pretty decent except theres some stuff they shouldn't have had it in it. and the lines were very cheesy.
½ October 23, 2012
For a low budget horror movie it was really good in my opinion.
½ September 19, 2012
I like James Marsters a lot, really, I do. But this tries way too hard to be Cube and never even gets half way there.
½ June 18, 2012
I've seen a lot worse but this movie just wasn't that good. I really liked the plot but something went wrong-probably the acting and the writing. It really had a lot of potential. If you're a horror fan you should check it out.
June 11, 2012
I actually liked it alot.
½ May 19, 2012
I could watch James Marsters in anything. Even this horribly scripted, even more horribly acted movie. Marsters is the only reason to watch this movie, unless you enjoy train wrecks.
½ April 15, 2012
Well, it was a novel concept. To be honest, the only reason I decided to watch it is because it had James Marsters in it! It would have been OK, had they not stolen the smoke monster from LOST.
April 15, 2012
April 10, 2012
OMG> Had given me the chills
½ April 9, 2012
I can only recommend this to those with a high tolerance for B-movies.The movie opens to a woman who couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. Her reactions coupled with inexplicable head/facial twitches are just funny. The only thing that kept me watching through the opening scene was her very nice legs... The movie kinda sorta picks up with the addition of other characters, but very definitely only kinda sorta. (As you read the preceding sentence, keep in mind that I'm a Lingusitics major...) And once the viewer finds out what really going at the facility, the story goes down the craphole.
½ February 25, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by this. James still kept his attitude from his Spike days, and Jolene was the sexiest I've ever seen her totally underrated
January 26, 2012
For a low-budget, it wasn't too bad. It didn't pretend to be anything that it wasn't, didn't try too hard - had to ignore some plots points, but there's some suspension of disbelief in all movies. What let it down was the atrocious acting, especially considering this has some seasoned TV and B-grade horror actors. Watch it is you have nothing better to do.
½ January 24, 2012
I like that the gore was only implied and the movie was more psychological.
½ December 27, 2011
An intriguing and tense set up takes a downward turn with the appearance of a CGI spook straight out of Scoobie Doo. Apart from that glitch the visuals are good, and the setting is a reasonable excuse to keep hot actresses in their underwear for most of the movie.
½ April 1, 2011
Yes the shadow monster chasing them around the entire movie is a bad CGi monster, but you get to see James Marsters in his underwear a great deal of the movie. And that alone makes up for the bad CGI.I think if the CGI shadow monster would have been done a bit better and maybe better blood used (it was obvious it was red paint and not cough syrup for the blood like other movies use) then maybe I'd give it 4 stars instead of 3.5
March 30, 2011
"Yesterday we were born, today we live."

Get past the opening with the scrawny, semi-naked, plastic-lipped lead & its ok. With an inkblot creature, a brunette James Marsters & the always sexy Tony Todd (candyman... Candyman... CANDYMAN!!! lolz)
February 7, 2011
W: 0. I thought it started better than it turned out to be.
½ January 15, 2011
I gues it's okay. Just watching this to keep me awake I guess....