The Shadow Within Reviews

• Jun 12, 2016

Extremely atmospheric supernatural thriller of a young boy, brother to a dead twin, being used to communicate with the dead. There are a lot of great subtleties in this movie, although some cartoonish ghosts too. The acting of Marie was stellar. If it were not for her sadness and breakdown, this movie would not have worked as well as it did. The town itself is quite beautiful as well.

• Jun 13, 2012

Not very chilling, but at least it showed that when dabbling with the unseen world, you don't always get what you hoped for.

• Feb 27, 2011

This movie was just weird but I liked the plot. I just wish they would've done it a lot better.

• Feb 27, 2011

This movie wasn't good. The storyline sounded interesting but it came out to be boring and hard to understand. I didn't really like it but i gave it 3 stars for the reason that i like creepy kids in scary movies.

• Jan 17, 2011

Odd Euro-Arthouse "Horror" about a boy possessed by the spirit of his dead twin brother. Scanty, sparse and cold 1950s setting. The entire movie looks and sounds very dated which adds to the bleak atmosphere.

• Oct 28, 2010

This movie was okay. It moved along kind of slow, but it was able to keep my interest enough not to turn it off. If you're looking for an edge of your seat horror flick, this is not the one. But If you are looking to pass some time watching a supernatural movie, this is it.

• Jul 08, 2010

The Shadow Within works just fine for a spooky little film made on a tight budget. It has an odd feel simply because it doesn't aim to be as slick as modern American horror, and it is content to simply present a supernatural story on its own terms without much embellishment. It's pat predictability keeps it from being a real winner.