Shame - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shame Reviews

March 10, 2016
Dramatic, erotic, gloomy.
This Steve McQueen's movie is poetical.
Brandon (Michael Fassbender) is one of the most studied characters of the story of modern cinema.
Fassbender is fantastic, this is his best performance and this is his best movie.

9.5/10

Review from Italy
½ March 1, 2016
The great look at sex addiction, best Fassbender's performance
January 24, 2016
I'm late to see this, but definitely the feel bad movie of 2011. Fassbender, however, is brilliant.
½ January 16, 2016
Interesting movie about sex addiction.....with Michael Fassbender.....
January 12, 2016
Watched this in my Carey Mulligan filmography binge. It wrecked me. Very sexually explicit, very, and the saddest character study I've seen in quite a while. I don't know how Fassbender was brave enough to do this. I couldn't stop crying. I wish mental health was actually a requirement, wish it was just typical at different stages of life, especially in childhood. Devastated. As much as I have to rate this well, I wish I hadn't seen it at all.
½ January 5, 2016
it's a good kind of crazy
January 2, 2016
It's like somebody watched Requiem for a Dream and thought " Hum... I like that part about the drug addict turned prostitute, it's very deep and sexual. I wonder what a male version of Marion Silver would look like if we make him more sexual and less deep..."
December 25, 2015
ruined my week but a brilliant film
December 12, 2015
Intensely intimate portrayal of a sex addled man who can't shake the needy obsession of carnal lust. Fassbender is superb.
December 10, 2015
Nice horror movie. Was terrified throughout the entire thing.
December 10, 2015
A well acted and great performance as usual from Michael Fassbender and the character -Brandon- is so complicated and cold one, i mean a selfish sex addicted guy who lost the pleasure to be with a women again, its like insane !!!
anyway its still a mysterious one and there is many questions that will blow your mind cause i still have no answers for it even i watched many reviews about the movie.
still a good one but its not that kind of movie that i recommend it :D its just decide if you want to watch it.
December 5, 2015
I feel like this film deserved more than 3 stars because of Fassbender's performance...and he should of won an Academy Award for the many times he was naked in the film haha, but the fact that the Director, Steve McQueen had such long pointless scenes, really took my focus away from the movie. It just got boring in scenes where the same repetitive thing was happening for a few minutes. Fassbender always does such a good job in every film he's in though. He really becomes the character and makes you forget that you're not just watching another actor act. He owns his parts.
½ November 27, 2015
Very adult drama but thoughtful story
November 25, 2015
A horrible movie about a douchebag.
½ November 25, 2015
I was told this is a powerful movie that doesn't leave your mind....I was disappointed.
November 15, 2015
Shame is brutally honest and unflinching in its depiction of sexual addition. It's hard to watch but surprisingly necessary.
Grade: A+
½ October 22, 2015
Este salvaje drama erótico, tiene una de las mejores actuaciones en los últimos cinco años y su fotografía es una belleza visual.
October 12, 2015
It indulges the addiction, while remaining interesting in the moment.
October 12, 2015
A beautiful and confident performance from Michael Fassbender.The film allows the audience to witness the destruction of ones life.However, at times I personally felt that 'something' was perhaps missing from the plot. For me the film does not have a clear beginning,middle and end.