Movies Like Shaolin Master Killer

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

Shaolin Master Killer Reviews

Cassandra M

October 15, 2009
This is possibly THE GREATEST Kung-fu movie ever made and being a fan of ENTER THE DRAGON and regarding that for years as the best, I took in a screening during a Martial Arts season at the NFT which showed the original language version with subtitles. It's sequel, RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER, works both as a sequel and as an original film in it's own right, as it has the lead actor lampoon his original role.

The plot involves a petty criminal who hides away in a Shaolin Temple on the run and thus begins to learn the various skills that will turn him into a Shaolin Monk. The goal is the 36th Chamber, which participants have to endure a previous 35 to get to with a series of increasingly impossible disciplines. Naturally you can expect what is going to happen, but the payoff of watching San Te emerge from the Temple and take on people in the town nearby is a joy to behold.

Funny in a non-stereotypical way and with much to appeal to a Western audience, do catch the full two-hour version (UK versions were heavily reduced and I hope that the new version gets new screenings at some point.
DragonEyeMorrison
DragonEyeMorrison

October 2, 2007
In some ways a feel "Return to the 36th Chamber" pretty much tackled the same plot better. But there's no denying in the kick-assness of this one.
Wu C

September 18, 2008
One of the best of the classic kung-fu genre.
Patrick D

July 12, 2008
I know this film as The 36 Chambers of Shaolin. But by any name it's still an incredible film, and basically the most amazing martial arts training film. Do yourself a favor and watch the 1hr56 version. I've only seen that version but I can't imagine anything getting cut out of it and all other version do cut it.
But yah, kick ass movie.
February 9, 2010
An all-time classic, one of first martial arts films I ever saw and I still enjoy watching it after over ten years.
April 1, 2007
The story of San Te, the maker of the 36th Chamber of Shaolin! Bar none the best kung-fu flick ever. Gordon Liu is a beast with the 3-section staff!!!
SamuraiJeff
February 21, 2007
A Classic. The fights arnt as good as alot of Kung fu movies but the story is cool and about 65% of the movie is devoted him training at shaolin temple which really just needs to be seen. A truely great movie.
duantebosier
January 18, 2007
bad ass front to back. shaw brothers film. as in all their films, people are practicing traditional kung fu sets in the film.
September 15, 2012
My 9th grade history teacher showed us this movie in class when we were studying China. I don't know why he chose this one, but thank god he did, because this is one of the greatest martial arts movies I have ever seen.