Shaolin chuan ren (Iron Fingers of Death) Reviews

• Sep 24, 2016

Two princes are separate at birth, one raised by a governmental official, and the other raised by Shaolin monks, who then later in life reunite to battle an evil prince. Ti Lung plays one of the two princes in this film which features many, many well done fight sequences. It's not a terribly original story, but the fight sequences are terrific and make this one a must see martial arts action flick fans. This film is also one of many HK martial arts flicks to re-use Brian May's score from "Mad Max." I think I should start making a list of every kung-fu film that uses this score at some point.

• Dec 24, 2010

Oh god someone please update that hideous box art. Anywho, this was another winner from director Tang Chia. The guy only directed 3 films and thankfully I own the 3rd that I still need to see. Ti Lung has been in more of the Shaw Brothers films I've been watching than anyone else and once again he plays a great role that is different from others I've seen him do. He's doing a little of the Jackie Chan/Drunken Master II thing here in that he's playing younger than he is, and being playful, but still as an amazing fighter. Just more great heroes, more great villains, more cool weapons, loved it!

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Aug 10, 2010

Shaolin Prince had Comedy,Action & Some of the supernatural thrown in.Even if your not a Kung Fu fan, Its worth watching at least once

• May 30, 2008

By far my favorite Hong Kong Kung Fu Movie. Shaw Brothers at their peak: Fire Man! Water Man! Three Holy Fools! Brothers separated at birth! What more could you ask for?!?! (A better DVD transfer, for one...)

• May 24, 2008

Very funny, and a great kung fu movie. No ninjas in this one though, so don't let the American title fool you.